Freedom?

"Beep... Beep... Beep..."

"She's awake we need more sleeping gas."

"Beep... Beep... Be--"

The sounds slowly fade, My entire body felt numb. I am so confused about what happened, what was that annoying beeping sound my ears can still hear it. I have a headache too, who was speaking I believe whoever it was they were talking about me. Enough of that where am I now, I open my eyes and I'm greeted by lots of wood. Uh, maybe the guy I saw brought me here it kinda looks like a log cabin which I have only read about, a little bit fascinated I try to take in all the details. I hear footsteps and something creaking under someone's weight does wood creak like that? I was a little on edge, I try to get up it isn't working why is that I look at the door and see a big dude peeking from a crack in the door. which startled me, why was he peeking from a crack in the door?

"Oh, you're awake."

I could feel my heart rate speed up as this guy opens the door, maybe he was the person to save me but dear god does he know how to scare someone. He walks in a massive dude like his arms are as big as my head is, he is as tall as the doorway. I'm trying to find the right word to fit this man in, but I don't know as much as commoners know about the world but maybe a lumberjack or maybe a knight somewhere there.

"So where am I?"

"My cabin is in the middle of the forest, I live here with my son so if you see a child his name is Tyler."

"Alright next question, why can't I move right now?"

"Oh, I had to give you some narcotics because you were having some kind of seizure, it was making all your wounds reopen and you'd probably die from blood loss if I left you like that."

"It was that bad, okay so how long will it wear off?"

"Not too much longer but your wounds will reopen if you move so you should sleep more."

"Okay, is there anything I can do for you when I have healed up?"

"No, I don't need anything just worry about getting better."

He starts to leave the room but stops, and turns his head back around.

"Actually I do have something, I want you to take my son with you when you leave."

I have no idea why he would ask someone he just met for something like that, I kinda wanted to wait till later in life to take on a child I guess why not. I fall asleep still withing about this child I'm going to be taking care of. Waking up this time I can move I sit up I hear the door open and I look in its direction, It wasn't the big dude on the other side who stood a young boy I think about 10 years old, holding a tray with a bowl on it he closes the door behind him. He looks at me and puts the tray down in front of me, his platinum blond hair and olive green eyes. My heart sunk he is so cute I wanted to grab his chubby little face, I must remain calm I must not creep him out.

"Here is some food my dad should be home soon, he was hunting while he found you."

"Oh thanks, when did your dad leave?"

I move the tray closer to me and push the bowl so I can grab the spoon easier. I look at what is in the bowl and see some kind of soup, proceed to consume the soup It's really good.

"He left after telling me to listen to you and to be a good child, I asked to go with him but he wouldn't let me go with him this time."

He holds out a piece of paper that looked to be a letter, I put the spoon down in the soup and I read the note to myself.

"Dear traveler, My kid is sweet but demons are drawn to him I'm not too sure why and his mother left the world too soon so I couldn't ask her anything. I have my own business to deal with in the forest I trust you with him so leave in one or two days after receiving this letter. I trust you because that sword and your tall, ears are all the evidence I need to understand who you are."

Are you telling me this dude already knows who I am or is there some kind of a deeper meaning to my Identity, man I am mad curious now. Well, anyway I have to get better in two days or less and get Tyler out of here.

"You did really good Tyler you have some mad skills, by the way, my name is Astrara. Your father already told me your name so it's only right I tell you my name."

I finished my soup and handed the tray back the Tyler, he smiles and he doesn't just smile with his mouth she smiles with his eyes too I feel like an angel and purified my soul and eyes. He took the tray away and makes sure he has everything and starts walking out.

"Tyler I will be going back to sleep."

"Okay sleep well Astrara."

He closes the door behind him as he walks out. I look around and the door is to my left there is also a side table with a candle on it. On the right side, I noticed a window on the wall not far from the bed that I was sitting in, I hadn't noticed the window before probably because it was coved with a curtain and the only thing I have to light the room is a candle. the room isn't small but isn't big either. I lay back I'm very tired I hadn't noticed till now, I will worry about my stuff later, for now, I will focus on getting better.

"Beep..."

"Are you sure this is going to work?"

"Beep... Beep..."

"This is just an experiment so there is no need for it to work first try."

"Beep... Beep..."

waking up in the middle of the night I walk to the window and see a shadow figure standing on the ground, it looks up at me with its glowing red eyes, it then suddenly runs up to me keeping eye contact with me then it says.

"Mmmmaaasstter... Mmmaaaassss.......tttteeeerrr."

I slowly back away kinda creeped out, I see a light reflecting off the window that the shadow thing was behind. I turn my head to see the light also has giant bright wings of which it also says something.

"Little lady, darkness is your friend but so am I."

I wake up again I'm seriously confused, what on earth was happening. before I have time to think about my dream Tyler runs into my room he was terrified like he had seen something.

"What's wrong Tyler?"

I sit up and pet his head to comfort him, I look around the room to see if there are any shadow things around. There wasn't maybe he was just afraid of just the thought of them, or maybe had a dream like mine.

"Just had a nightmare, and feel safer next to you. Sorry, do you mind if I stay with you?"

Still petting him, I see so he had a similar dream I did but only of shadows maybe.

"yeah, you can definitely join me."

I let him climb in bed with me and he was fast asleep holding on to my arm, I look around the room, and the black shadow thing showed up I glare at it. seems like it understood what I was doing the shadow left us alone After that. Now I had time to think about myself, I mean I'm an experiment. What is real and what isn't, ouch my head hurts and how did Tyler's father know who I am. After a few hours of deep thought, it turned morning.

"Thanks, Astrara whenever my dad leaves for long trips I like to go with him because I don't like being left alone."

Rubbing his eyes to get rid of the sleepiness and to adjust to the sunlight coming through the open window.

"No problem, by the way, did your dad tell you that you were leaving with me?"

"He might have, but he told me to listen to you so if you leave I'm going to leave too."