Chapter 8 - Really can't stop

.

.

The summer became autumn. The dead leaves whirled along with the wind, as they finally landed on the school grounds.

On the side of the school grounds was a dense shade of trees. The afternoon sunlight shone through a gap of in the leaves, turning into threads of light, like a particular autumn stage.

For Mo Fan, the time passed by very quickly. It had already been two months since his awakening.

Within those two months, Mo Fan had only been doing one thing, which was sitting beneath this tree and meditating!

On the first class of the first day, the homeroom teacher, Xue Musheng, gave all the magic students one very important lesson: the activation of Magic!

The activation of Magic consisted of only three very simple steps:

Step 1- Meditation

Step 2- Control

Step 3- Activation

Meditation, just as the name implied, required one to use their fullest attention to concentrate.

When a person closed their eyes, their mind constantly wandered into different scenes.

However, if one were to empty one’s mind and remain in an undisturbed state, one’s mind would become an empty space!

After their magic awakening, a star cluster corresponding to the Element would emerge within that empty world.

In other words, as long as Mo Fan closed his eyes and didn’t think about anything while allowing his mind to enter a dark, cosmos like space, then the star cluster of Lightning and Fire elements would emerge within the empty space.

The Lightning Element’s star cluster was purple, and it looked just like other cosmic dust: magnificent and aesthetically pleasing.

Within the star cluster of the Lightning Element was seven stars. These stars were recklessly orbiting around within that small star cluster, just like seven mischievous children, energetically running around.

For any magic students who had awakened, as long as they could cause the star cluster to appear within the empty space, and see the bright, child-like stars within the cluster, then they would have completed the Meditation step.

One could even say that this first step was unexpectedly simple. The homework assigned to the students for the first two months was this alone.

Meditation... They started meditating after dinner, all the way until they were completely exhausted, and then they went to sleep.

The second day, after classes had finished, they continued meditating in the same manner. All the way until they were exhausted, and then went straight to bed.

Mo Fan did not slack off; he did this for two whole months. He even sat down and meditated on weekends. On many different occasions, he pondered about why the students were assigned this simple task and had them do it for two months.

What if I go ahead and try ‘Control’? Mo Fan thought it was very easy for him to enter Meditation, thus, he was eager to begin the next step.

The second step of Magic Activation was also very simple.

One could see the star cluster after entering Meditation. Within the star cluster was seven lively and energetic stars that were orbiting around frantically.

Control... It meant they had to use their own thoughts to control these stars, making them stop, and placing them into a designated spot to form a Star Path.