Chapter 9 - The Seventh Star

.

.

.

“Four stars is firmly under my control now. The difficulty of controlling five at the same time is much harder.” Mo Fan sighed and thought, I wonder if I can control all seven of these scoundrels and form a Star Path before the end of the semester? Speaking of which, Monkey said that most people can only practice ‘Control’ an hour every week... If they trained an additional five minutes, then they’d collapse. I wonder why I could practice two hours when I first started... Is it because I awakened dual elements?

The mana usage in taking control of a star should be the same. That means my mana capacity is double the amount of most other people?”

There was a limit to each of the magic student’s spiritual forces, and every time one attempted to control a star, it would deplete their spiritual force. Most of the current Magic Student’s Spiritual force levels only allowed one hour of ‘Control’ training. 

Having one more hour advantage, coupled with the great effort Mo Fan put into his daily training, allowed his cultivation speed to already surpass his peers by a lot. According to the henchmen, even the most outstanding student in the class could only control 3 stars. 

Of the 7 stars, Mo Fan was already able to control 4 of them. Furthermore, he hoped to achieve up to five stars within the month. It seemed like awakening dual elements not only gave Mo Fan double the elements, but also an extended amount of time for him to practice compared to other people!

This was an incredible advantage!

The time for him to enter the apex of his life and marry a fair-skinned, rich, and beautiful girl was just around the corner! 

    ……

The class started at eight in the morning, and the first class was the “Magical Beast Knowledge” class. The one in charge of teaching the “Magical Beast” subject was the homeroom teacher of the class next door, Zhang Jianguo. 

“Mo Fan, you are late again. Can’t you improve your attitude toward school? Your talent has always been worse than the majority of the students, your foundation is also particularly bad, and you’re not even sincere about studying. Take a look at Zhao Ting in my class. He has Lightning Element, a good talent, a good foundation, and his attitude toward studying magic is also very good. He is currently able to control four Lightning Element stars, whereas you... I heard that you still haven’t been able to control a single Fire Element star. You awakening the Fire Element is simply a waste!” as Zhang Jianguo saw Mo Fan coming in late, he immediately began to reprimand him without holding back. 

Mo Fan couldn’t help but give a conceited look. Teacher Zhang Jianguo really couldn’t stop talking. He brought up that Lightning Element guy during practically every lesson.

The so-called classmate, Zhao Ting, was the guy who awakened the Lightning Element during the school’s opening ceremony. Zhang Jianguo talked about him every day. When he lectured someone using Zhao Ting’s name, his face revealed the pride he concealed beneath. 

“That guy can control four stars? This daddy can control six stars; I just need one last star,” Mo Fan thought to himself in disdain. He didn’t say this out loud though. Instead, he just walked to his seat in leisure. 

“Alright, please open the Magical Beast book. Today, I will continue to talk about the common Magical Beasts. As everyone knows, the Magical Beasts are located outside of the city, which we humans reside in, and they are extremely hostile towards humans. They wander all over the place and fight when they encounter each other, as well. If a Magician was to tread outside of the city and encounter a One-Eyed Magic Wolf, then what should he do?” Zhang Jianguo already started talking about this subject with a great delight.