Chapter 16 - New Female Teacher, Tangyue!

.

.

“Will your husband be ok seeing as how he went into the mountains?” Mo Fan asked.

“Who would’ve known that there’d be light colored warnings outside of the city; it indicates that the residents shouldn’t carelessly wander deep into the mountains. He kept saying that the Hunter Squad lost some supplies while they were following the tracks of a One-eyed Magical Wolf and that he had to personally deliver it. He’s just a logistics employee, yet, he even has the guts to do this kind of life-threatening work. Your dad, no matter what I told him, still wouldn’t listen.” Mo Qing answered.

“My dad went as well?” Mo Fan’s face immediately changed.

“Yeah, they said it would pay a lot. Even Mage Apprentices are too afraid to receive their call, yet, these two normal people…. If nothing happens, then that’s fine. However, if something really were to happen, what’ll happen to us?” Mo Qing said.

“Auntie, don’t worry. They must’ve considered this already; there won’t be any problems. They’re just delivering it to a designated outpost, and the roads from the city to the outpost are still within the safe zone,” Ye Xinxia said from the side.

“Either way, I just wish the two would just obediently do their job within the city. I get worried when they leave the city,” Mo Qing whispered once again.

After hearing Mo Qing’s complaints, Mo Fan began to have a bad feeling.

Father hasn’t come to my school to see me for the past six months. It turns out he picked a different road; he went to deliver goods to the Hunter Magicians patrolling outside. This job is indeed very dangerous compared to his former job where he’d only deliver goods to wealthy people.

    ……

Although it’s winter break, Mo Fan wasn’t free at all. After staying at Auntie’s place for a few days, Mo Fan returned to Tian Lan Magic High’s library.

The library had the information he needed to replenish, for example, the Black Church which he missed out on.

Mo Fan understood what kind of thing the Black Church was after reading about it.

Those guys are similar to the terror organizations; a large, Evil cult. They frequently did things that would harm the safety of the people. Additionally, for the sake of their own goals, they would even use living people as cultivation material. The country was not lenient on insane things like that, naturally!

In the coming month, Mo Fan wholeheartedly meditated.

After knowing the Lightning element’s stardust would dry up and turn completely dark after only using Lightning Strike twice, Mo Fan began to understand the importance of meditation.

Thus, this entire month, despite how great the temptation of activating Fire element’s skill, Fire Burst, Mo Fan didn’t rashly try to come in contact with Fire element’s star. He must solidify his foundation first.

As he was engrossed in meditation and treated all of this as a habit, the time passed very quickly.

Soon enough, it became the start of the school again.

Inside the library, Mo Fan swept off the cobwebs that covered his body; ready to meet the new magic school term.

In a high spirit, Mo Fan walked into the classroom and sat down in a seat at the very back, just like always.

“Eh?”

There’s something wrong today.

Mo Fan looked at Zhang Xiaohou next to him and discovered this lad didn’t look alright.