Chapter Six- The King

I stared front, noticing the gang sitting by the cooler looking around in disbelief. Nurse Wright was a bit confused too. But there was someone I didn't expect.

Rex.

He looked a bit better in the dark, not as close-to-death. I was curious how he got there so fast, but I didn't think about it too much. I had a race to win.

That chick in the yellow jumpsuit (now a pink one) came up with the flag. I had my foot on the pedal, my hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road. I was ready. She raised the flag high and...

We were off, I could feel the wind on my face even though I wasn't outside. The road flew behind me, and I saw I was in first. I kept speeding down, flying up the sides of the river and watching everyone bite my dust. I could hear the yells and cheers of the gang and Rex and Pa and Ma and everyone cheering my name. Missy started speeding up, I could swear I heard the other drivers catching up.
I heard their taunts and jeers, and I started going faster. Faster, faster. I was going to win. I was winning. I-

I won! I got out of Missy, the jumpsuit chick gave me the other car's pink slips and Rex hugged me so tight I thought I might burst. Everyone seemed so proud. I felt so proud too. I looked up to the sky and whispered.
"We did it Pa. We did it for Missy."

I know Teddy's gonna accomplish a lot. He's got a good head on his shoulders. Rex is going to end up a wild, childish man. But he'll be a wonderful friend. I know this is how my boys are going to end up. I'm so glad I'll get to see my charming young fellas grow up strong.

Sincerely,
Vinny Hudson JR