Chapter Eighteen

"Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together?
Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences." - Emery Allen

Third Person's POV

"Noona! Pali!" Ilhoon shouted impatiently.

The Jung family and Melody are now at the living room waiting for the clock to strike twelve midnight. It was Jung's tradition to open their presents on the said time.

Melody chuckled at how Ilhoon was tapping his foot impatiently as they wait for Joo to come down.

"I'm here. Chill Hoonie." Minjoo sat beside Melody and smiled excitedly.

They all watch the hands of their clock and started to do a countdown.

"3..2..1! Merry Christmas!!" They all shouted at once as Mr.Jung twisted a small confetti popper.

"Aigoo. Abeoji. That's too messy." Ilhoon complained and remove some confetti that fell on his shoulders.

"Don't worry son. You are going to clean that later."

"Abeoji!" Ilhoon complained and pouted.

"Kyeopta.." Melody silently said and watched them.

"Okay. Stop that you too. Let's open the presents now!" Mrs.Jung excitedly said and hand over their gifts.

Melody watched at how the Jung siblings excitedly open their gifts. She smiled at how they impatiently unwrap the first gift.

"Omg! Eomma!. Kamsahamnida Eomma." Joo went to hug Mrs. Jung. She received a key with a note.

"Melody! Look! It's the key to the apartment/bar that I've been wanting! The one I told yo-.. I mean the one I dreamed for so many years!" MinJoo excitedly showed Melody the key and the note.

"Wah. You're so lucky!. Congratulations Joo Eonnie." Melody hugged her.

Ilhoon and his parents watched how the two excitedly talked for a while. At that moment, Ilhoon's hope of Melody being able to remember him got higher.

Mrs. Jung nudged his son and whispered "You love her that much eh? Don't stare too much. It's getting obvious."

"Eyy. Eomma." Ilhoon whispered back and continued to open his present.

"Ilhoonie. Don't come to my apartment and bother me. I'm warning you." Minjoo said and smirked.

"Yah. Arasso.. Arasso. Tch. I'll tell Hyung not to visit you too." Ilhoon smirked back.

"Hyung? Who?" Mr. Jung curiously asked.

"N-nothing Appa. Yah. Ilhoon. Stop messing around." Minjoo glared at his brother.

Ilhoon smiled evilly and shrugged. Melody chuckled at the two.

"What did you get Ilhoon~ssi?" Melody asked looking at the medium sized box he was holding.

Ilhoon opened the box and his eyes opened wide in shock.

"What is it??" Minjoo peeks at the box and froze.

"We bought that last minute when you called us." Mrs. Jung said and smiled softly.

"We've been planning it for years. But due to some circumstances, we always find ourselves hesitating to give it to you." Mr.Jung added and nod.

Melody wanted to see the gift as well but decided not to be nosy anymore.

"I will give it. At the right time. Kamsahamnida. Eomma. Abeoji." They all just nod and smiled.