Chapter 1: Marcus

"Shit, shit, shit" I mumble. Looks like I'm going to be late today, "I don't have time to deal with you Marcus." I say, my voice laced with panic.

"Ah, you wish it was your choice don't you, Howell?" He leaned in and whispered in my ear. His breath smelled of smoke and cheep beer.

"Fuck off man". Sudden courage coursing through my body. Marcus and I used to be best friends until 8th grade, then that very fateful day my whole life crumbled around me.

"Don't take that tone with me Howell, you just earned yourself another kick to the ribs." Marcus said, his voice contained so much hatred it made me sick.

"Marcus, we'll both be late to school at this point." I said calmly. I'm used to his crap.

"Ah funny Howell, you think I care about school?" He laughed maliciously, his voice tainted with sarcasm. Suddenly his fist collided with my face, I stumbled back, a white hot sting was present on my cheek.

"Bloody hell, stop being such a pussy Howell." Marcus spat. He pushed me back, causing me to stumble and fall. Before I could process what was happening a hot burning feeling shot through my body. His foot collided with my side, then again, and again, and finally he just left. He just walked away with no remorse. I lay there until my heart had reached an acceptable pace. Then I felt something cool wash over me, literally.

"Dammit, stupid rain." I try to push myself up, and with much difficulty I successfully managed. I was a good ten minutes away from school, soaking wet, and injured. Not a lot going for me. I limped to school and walked in leaving muddy footprints on the clean shiny tile.

"Daniel, you're late to school, again." A lady by the name of Susan who worked in the front-office declared. Choosing not to start an argument I just looked down and continued walking.

BAM! I've done it! I'll be posting a chapter about what happened in 8th grade later today. 👌And wow this is shitty.