Chapter 5: Fire

I was walking home from school, the sky was an awful gray colour. The cold air nipped at my exposed skin, I definitely should have brought a jacket. I pulled out my headphones and turned on some Fall Out Boy.

"I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear, cause that's just who I am this week." Blasted through my headphones. I wish I felt like that, yuh know? Had enough confidence to tell Marcus I'm done with his shit, stand up for myself.

That kid Phil though, he defended me! No one's ever done that. But why, why would he do that? I'm nothing special, and I'm reminded of it every single day. I'm just a waste of precious air, a waste of space. My mind is my number one enemy. Telling me the most awful things, but I believe what it says. I believe what I say, what I think.

{TIME SKIP}

I walked into my bedroom, the feeling of the dark gray carpet underneath my feet was comforting. I dropped my book-bag by my desk and walked to the bathroom. I pulled out a medium sized glass jar and began my daily routine. I sat the candle on the sink counter and popped the lid off. I reached for a box of matches we kept in the bathroom, pulling one out and observing it closely. I brought it close enough to my face so you could see each and every individual groove on its head. Then I brought it towards the box, slowly dragging it across until there was a flame. The fire danced under the force of my breath, quivering at the slightest disturbance.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hello I'm back, I wrote this chapter about 5 months ago, soooooo,,,