Chapter 4: Dan

The mystery boy looked up, holy shit his eyes. They were dark brown, like maple syrup with specks of gold. But then I noticed how absolutely drained the boy looked, how the boy had a dark red bruise spread across his cheek. I wondered what had happened to the mystery boy.

"Ah, sorry I'm new here, my names Phil." I said. Walking closer to mystery boy and holding my hand out. The boy looked at the offered hand and shook his head.

"Oh, sorry. My bad." I awkwardly chuckled. Mystery boy looked scared. This kid had seen shit, you could see it in his eyes. Back to his eyes. They were glazed over, like the surface of a pond. The glass texture, like the colour of dark honey. Oh crap I've been staring.

Suddenly mystery boy said, "Down this hallway, to the left. Oh umm, I'm D-Dan." He faltered on his words. His face went a bright red. Before I could thank him he was walking down the hallway.

{TIME SKIP}

After I had returned from the restroom, and managed to find my way back to class I couldn't stop thinking about Dan. He was noticeably quite thin, the fabric of his jumper hung loosely around his shoulders. His face went such an impressive shade of red when he got embarrassed. The hot red coloured mark across his cheek, the way he seemed frightened by social interaction. Also that name, Dan, such a pretty name. It maches his face, pretty very pretty.

A sudden extremely loud noise echoed through the school. Great second period. I hauled myself down the hallway to my locker, grabbing my stuff and slamming it shut. My second class of the day Business Technology (Bus Tech) was located on the second floor, wonderful stairs. As I made my way to the class a loud crashing noise busted behind me. I spun around quite fast causing my head to pound. There behind me was Dan, we'll rather sprawled across the floor but still somewhat behind me.

"Haha loser!" Some kid yelled whilst pointing at Dan. A sudden burst of anger shot through me, like lava in a volcano.

"Leave him alone you butt! What's your issue?" I shouted angrily. Dan looked up at me, he was collecting his pencils and books off the floor, his eyes flashed something along the lines of 'you just fucked up kid, good luck'.

"Excuse me?" The kid snapped. "I don't think we've met, I'm Marcus. This here is the schools fag." He said, pointing towards Dan. My heart went into panic mode, beating faster by the second.

"What did he do to you? I can assure you that there was no need to push him!" I yelled. Marcus smirked, taking a step closer to me.

"Listen kid," He said. "I don't want to make your life a living hell, and I don't think you want that either. So unless you really want to end up like Dan I suggest you leave." As he went to motion towards Dan we both realized he had made a getaway.

"Fine. Just don't be such a freaking ass." I mumbled. Turning around and walking down the hallway. What a great start to my first day... Throughout the rest of the day I couldn't help but feel sorry for poor Dan. No one deserves to be treated like that. The image of his eyes, filled with hurt stayed clear in my brain. It's like they were permanently engraved in my head.

Holly heck this isn't as shitty.. woahhhh.