Prompt #7

Prompt: When Ray took Silas to North Carolina (and him and Garrett went snorkeling)

                A.N.- Just so we are all aware, I despise water and have never been snorkeling in my entire life so you can be sure I'm bullshitting my way through this one yeehaw let's go

---------------------------------------------------------------

                The door to the room I was in opened and I looked over sleepily. Silas stood in the doorway, trying to hide his excitement.

                "Get up, Garrett," he said. "Ray's got breakfast ready."

                I rubbed my eyes and sat up, flashing him a thumbs-up so he'd leave the room. Once to door was shut, I got up and began to get dressed.

                We were in North Carolina for the week. We'd just gotten here yesterday and spent the day getting settled in. Ray was taking us out snorkeling today though, and Silas was incredibly excited about it. He'd been carefully tracking the weather to make sure we'd be able to do it today.

                It was nearing the end of the season, and the beach was surprisingly quiet from what we'd seen yesterday. The house we were in was huge, and Ray's one condition for us was that we slept in our own rooms.

                I left my room and went to the top floor of the house, where I could smell breakfast. Ray was setting plates down on the table, where Silas was waiting.

                I sat down next to Silas and smiled at him. "Excited?"

                "I guess," he said, but his bouncing leg gave him away.

                "Someday you can upgrade to scuba diving," I said. "Maybe you'll search the whole ocean."

                "There's a whole lot of ocean, kid," Ray said, setting the last of the food down and sitting across from us. "Better get started right away if that's your plan." He paused and shot a look at Silas. "But absolutely no going in the ocean at night, or when I'm not there."

                "We ain't gonna," Silas said.

                Ray had very few rules for us while we were here, but he was pretty strict about the ocean. We'd seen a news story of someone being drowned after getting caught in the tide only a few miles off of where we were just three weeks ago.

                "Well, eat up and go get ready," Ray said. "Garrett, you're good with this?"

                "Yea!" I said. I wasn't as excited as Silas, but I was still plenty excited.

                The three of us ate and helped clean the kitchen. We went back to our rooms to get ready and grab our stuff. Ray led us out to the car and packed our stuff in the trunk before taking off to the spot his friend had told him about.

                Silas's excitement was growing, and he was having a harder time hiding it. I put a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him, reaching past him to roll his window down. He leaned an arm out of it, watching the sights as we drove past.

                Ray finally parked and we got out of the car together. Silas and I both pulled off the tank tops we were wearing and helped Ray get our stuff out of the car.

                The spot we were in was quiet, only a few people grouped together eating lunch on the beach. Ray led us away from them and passed us our equipment.