Chapter 7

After the walk home, Raz and Lewis were at Raz's house, and Baz was at his own house.
So was Ryan.

{Ryan's POV}

I unlocked my door and opened it, stepping into the house slowly. I felt tired and exhausted. I still had sadness in me. I took my shoes off at the door and went off to my room. When I made it into my room I took my clothes off but left my boxers on, then slid into my bed. I looked up at the ceiling and began to overthink.

"Why did I even ask? Why did you?!" I said aloud to myself, my voice cracking slightly.

I'm embarrassed with myself. Just straight up...

Disappointed in myself.

I was about to yell at myself more until I got a call from Corey. I picked it up and sighed, "Hello..?"

"Heeeey, Ryan! How are you buddy?"

"Eh..good, I guess." I looked down.

"Is something wrong?"

"Uhh, well...I don't think you know this...I'm attracted to men and I tried to, I don't know, make a move on Baz..."

"Oh. First of all, I support you loving men. Second of all, how did that go?"

"Bad. Bad. Badbadbadbadbad...all just BAD!"

Corey went silent, "Yeeeah..hehe..um anyways, do you wanna hangout or something? Tomorrow? I could try and cheer you up, try to give you advice and all even though I'm straight, and maybe talk about some ideas and games for our YouTube channels."

I rubbed my face tiredly, "I...yeah sure Corey...thanks..I'm gonna take a nap. Talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay, bye!"

"Bye." I hung up and placed my phone on my nightstand, turning over with my back facing it and I slowly closed my eyes. I drifted of into sleep.
——————————

I woke up at 9 something AM and grabbed my phone. Corey texted me not too long ago asking me if I want him to come and pick me up. I unlocked my phone and went to my messages, replying with a "Yes, please". I got up and found me some comfy clothes, putting them on and walking out of my room. I yawned and stretched. Max was laying on the couch arm, purring quietly. I sneakily went over to him and snuck a bunch of kisses on him, giggling at his now loud purring.

I walked outside and sat on the stairs of my porch, waiting and waiting for Corey. My phone began to vibrate and I thought it was Corey calling at first until I pulled it out and saw that it was Baz. I sighed sadly but bravely declined the call. I didn't want to talk to him. It's awkward. Why did he want to talk to me? I ruined our fucking precious ongoing friendship permanently. At least that was what I was thinking.

Baz continued to call over and over AND over again. I kept declining them. I started getting text messages from him.
"Ryan! Answer me!"
"Please Ryan!"
"Stop declining my calls!"
"Are you okay?!"
"Are you in danger?!"
"God damnit Ryan answer me so that I know you're okay!"
"I'm worried. Please say something."

I looked over them, "He's worried about me. How nice. Is that all he does? Show me pity? Pretend! Pretend he's worried?" I glanced at my phone again, the texts continued to fill his screen.

"I'm gonna make sure this is a good day. With no problems in my way." I turned my phone completely off, "Peace at last..."

Corey soon arrived and picked me up. We went to a coffee shop not far from my house.

"So you had a crush on Baz?" Corey glanced at him, "Since when? How long?"