Chapter 2

" Well it's more important than what you might be thinking... " The king spoke

" What is it Sir" I spoke.

" There will be a group of moon shadow elves coming to kill me tonight, I am sending Ezran and Callum to the Banther loge and I want you to go with them." He spoke.

" Why is that sir, It's the middle of spring. " I asked.

" I know that you can help and take care of them. You were with them in every time of need and I trust you with the two most important people in my life and I hope you make the right choices when you are with them." He spoke sternly.

" Yes sir" I nodded and bow to him. " Also, I want you to know that I will be forever loyal to you sir".

As I leave I go to the prince's room, I hear crying coming from Ezran's room. As I go up to the door and open it to look inside. I see Ez crying.

"What do you want Callum go away" He said.

"Not Callum, only one of the best maiden in all the land " I said running up behind him grabbing and pilling him up and spinning him around while he laughs. I put him down and asked him what wrong.

" Callum said their coming to kill Dad" he answered.

" Well... It will be all fine " I said.

" What will happen to you?" He pouted.

" I'm coming with you " I smiled. " Now you need to start packing... AND DON"T STEAL ANY MORE JELLY TARTS" I yelled ! As he froze stuffing tarts in his bag with Bait.

Later that evening...Runaan POV.

I am going through the halls of the palace trying to find the King. As me and the group try and find the king when the full moon comes up.

" I say we split up, we can cover more ground that way" I said, everyone nodes in agreement. We go our ways. I hear faint footsteps coming my way, I quickly hide in one of the ceiling beams waiting for however they are to pass. As I wait for them to come the steps get louder and louder until I saw a (H/C) girl walk by. I jump down quietly as I can to get a better look at her to see her beautiful (S/C) and lovely (E/C), she was the... most beautiful person ever... WAIT!!!!!!!

I'm losing my mind I need to focus on the task at hand. When she's out of sight I go on with finding the king.

Y/N POV.

As I was walking through the halls, when I heard running coming my way, I turned to see Callum and Ezran running my way. I was about to stop them when I see a Moon shadow elf running up behind them. I quickly start running with them grabbing a dagger that I keep on the side of my pants/ skirt ready if I need to fight her off, so the princes can get away. We run to the end of the corridor.

" Why did you stop " Callum shouts at Ezran how is looking at the wall.

" There is a secret code here for us to get out of " Ezran stated. He put in some type of stone and rock combo. That triggers the floor to have a stair case down below.

" What are we doing " I ask.

" We are safe here, it took me a month to learn that code" Ezran stated.

" I wouldn't be so sure if I were you " A voice says right behind us.