Chapter 12:

Once we dragged the boys in the water, the four of us splashed around, and for once, this gloomy town was sunny. The town semed to gain some pep that day. The Black Hood was captured, and there was no one who could ruin our days with true terror. I started to walk towards the shoreline, after an hour or so of splashing with my brother and two best friends. I turned around, when I heard faint splashing behind me. I look back to see Jughead following me, the water dripping down from his raven colored hair down his body, he looked up at me and gave me a smile. For some reason, a feeling of excitement rushed through me. Did I like Jughead Jones? I looked at him some more and realized he didn't have his signature beanie on.

"Jughead Jones, not wearing a beanie?" He rolled his eyes as he got closer to me.

I looked past him to see Sweet Pea and Toni in the water still, laughing and splashing. Almost like in that scene from The Notebook. I smiled at them, happy to see my best friend and my brother happy together. I was so caught up in watching them that I didn't realize Jughead wrapped his arms around my waist making skin on skin contact. My back pressed to his front, his heart beating against my back. His head rested on my head.

"It makes me happy seeing my brother happy."

"Yeah, he hasn't been this happy in who knows how long."

I hummed as he played with my hair, in a soothing and gentle way. I couldn't deny feelings that grew in that moment.

"It's refreshing. I like to see that everyone is a bit at ease now."

"Yeah, the town might get its pep back."

I turned around to fave him, his crystal blue eyes staring into my hazel eyes. I saw him get closer and before I knew it, the distance between us closed as he kissed me, my eyes closed and his soft lips pressed against mine harder, with more passion. I kissed back with a gentle touch. He pulled away, as my eyes fluttered open at the loss of contact. He pressed his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry. I just have been wanting to do that since the first time I saw you."

"It's okay, I enjoyed it." I smiled.

"Me too."

He went back in to kiss me again, it was a quick peck, but it felt like it lasted forever. It was perfect. That was until we heard a loud, high pitched gasp. He pulled away quickly and I saw Betty standing there with her hands over her mouth and tears forming in her eyes. Tears formed in mine as well. At first, I didn't like Betty that much, still not sure why, maybe it had something to do with Jughead, but we became friends and helped crack the Black Hood case together. Jughead turned and saw Betty and he went to go towards her but she ran away. I would've gone after her, but I wasn't fully sure of my own feelings at the moment.

I walked away from Jug and I went back to my spot on the sand, where my dry clothing laid.

"Don't feel bad about Betty, I'm the one who needs to fix this."

"Okay, she started to become my friend recently, I feel like I did her wrong after helping her with the Black Hood case."

"I know, we will get this resolved, alright." 

"Alright."

I looked out the water to see Sweet Pea and Toni coming out of the water also. I put on my shirt and shorts and sat down in the sand.

"Hey, you guys up to Pop's?" Jughead asked while adjusting his beanie.

"Sure." 

We headed towards the motorcycles and I got on Pea's and held his waist tightly. The sunset Riverdale breeze brushing through my hair. We came to a stop in front of Pop's and we walked towards the front door.