Chapter 19:

I fluttered my eyelids open, scanning them around the room. I smiled, remembering what Jughead and I did the night before that lead me to being wrapped in Jug's warm bare arms. Things had felt right in that moment, and as much as I hate to admit it, I know that things won't be normal for too long. I moved my head, facing Jughead as he pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Good morning." Jug said gently, his husky morning voice taking over.

"Good morning." I repeated back.

"Last night was amazing." He said.

"It was, it was perfect."

"Just like you." He smiled as he tapped my nose, making me giggle.

"My god Jughead, that was so cheesy." I laughed.

"You made me a sappy romantic."

"Sure I did." I sat up.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stretched my arms over my head. I bent down and got my clothes off the floor, putting them on and laying back down with Jughead, who was laying in bed, eyeing me lustfully and had his arms open, ready for me to climb back in them. I gave in, as cliche as it is, I loved being in his arms. I felt safe in them, and no one, not even the Black Hood could get to me. He wrapped his right arm around my shoulders, while holding my right hand in his left.

Fiddling with my soft fingers with his rougher ones.

"We all know the childhood fear of monsters under the bed, or the monsters in our closets. But little did I know that in this town of Riverdale, these monsters will be ordinary monsters wandering the streets." I looked up at Jug, who was staring at me in awe.

"Yeah, bet you didn't expect fathers killing their sons or someone- who happens to be a well known figure in this town, going after people that are 'sinners.' You probably never expected Riverdale to be this way."

"I never expected any of this. I didn't expect murders, or these monsters. I didn't even expect to fall in love, or my brother to even like me."

"To be honest with you, Peanut. I never expected myself to fall in love again after Betty. I tried to convince myself I was asexual, but I saw you, with no wig on and I couldn't stop myself."

"That's so sweet of you, Jughead. I know it's not my place but what happened with Betty?" He sighed.

"If you don't want me to know, it's okay." I continued.

"No, it's all good." He paused.

"Betty has liked Archie since we were all kids, they're next door neighbors, and have been best friends for so long. Somehow, she started dating me, as Veronica took Archie. Little did I know the reason why Betty dated me was a bet she made with Kevin."

"Oh my god."

"That's not all. When I found out about this bet, she tried to make me believe otherwise. She confessed that she thought it was time to get over Archie and all this bullcrap. She was using me as a pawn in her demented game of love chess. But I knew otherwise anyways."

"Jug, I'm so sorry." I looked in his eyes, as they started to fog, as he remembered this time in his life.

"Don't be, least you aren't as heartless as Betty, right?"

"Course not. That's so low, but how is everyone still getting along?"

"With time, time fixes everything."

"Well I'm glad that things have been worked out." I smiled, as he did too.

Betty always struck me as someone I needed to distance myself from, and now I have more of a valid reason to do so. I still adore Kevin, and it doesn't surprise me that he placed a bet, because he loves love. Jughead and I fell into comfortable silence, him still cuddled up to me, as he was still naked.