Chapter 8;

Aiden’s POV:

I felt my heart breaking at the sight of her. My auntie was on the floor, sobbing hysterically. She was clutching onto a piece of paper. She may not have been my real mother, but she was all I had.

“What’s going on?” I tried to get her to sit on the couch. She tried to stop the tears from falling but failed miserably. “Your father... He’s gone MIA.”

“What?” I felt my eyes glistening. I was just hoping that this was all some cruel joke, that he wasn’t actually missing in action, that he was coming home soon. But alas, life is cruel.

Auntie kept sobbing and reached out to comfort me; little did she know that I was beyond being comforted.

Some way to start the day.

Mel’s POV:

“Have you seen Aiden?” Tori asked me while paying for what was supposed to be lasagna but had the appearance of oatmeal.

I tensed at the mere mention of him and shook my head. Things were still weird between us and Tori was still as clueless as ever. It was the day after the competition and we were in the cafeteria paying for our meals.

Just as we were about to sit at our usual table, Luke waved us over. “Wanna sit with them?” I asked Tori.

She shrugged and we both walked towards Luke’s table.

I took a seat in between Luke and Tori.

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

“How are you?”

“Good, you?”

“Good.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Oh for the love of God! Will you two speak like humans or do I have to castrate someone?!” Tori exclaimed, grabbing the attention of everyone at the table. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks.

Luke chuckled but he was obviously just as embarrassed as I was.

“Praise the lord. I was hoping someone would speak up. Those two need serious help.” Some hottie commented from across the table. “Leo James, and you are?” He outstretched his hand towards Tori.

“Tori Parker.” She smiled at him and shook his hand. I elbowed her.

‘What’, she mouthed. I wiggled my eyebrows at her then began making gestures with my fingers. Those gestures may or may not have been my right index finger going through a circle made by my left thumb and index finger.

Tori’s eyes grew wide and she smacked me on my shoulder. “Excuse me. I have to go get some fresh air. There’s too much stupidity in this one.” She sent me a smirk and got up with her tray.

“I’ll come with you.” Leo got up too. Now was my turn to smirk. Tori rolled her eyes at me and left the cafeteria with Leo right behind her.

“So hi.” Luke smiled.

Tori’s POV:

“That was so funny.” I wiped the tears from eyes.

“I told you. Wait check this one out.” Leo pulled another face and I burst into frantic laughter.

“How on earth did you learn how to do that?” I asked with a broad grin on my face.

“When you have nothing productive to do with your life, your face becomes entertainment.” He replied with a matching grin.

Leo and I have been at the Wendy’s across the street for the past hour, who knew that hotties could also be funny?

“You’re definitely not mundane.”

“Thank you, thank you.” He performed an exaggerated bow.

I giggled, “Did you really just giggle?” Leo asked with wide eyes.

“Yeah I did, and I am very proud of it.”

“You just don’t seem like a giggler to be honest.” He shrugged.

“Giggler? Is that even a word?” I asked while cocking my head to the side.

“Yes it is, and I am very proud of it.” I giggled once more and shook my head at his imitation.

“So” Leo elongated the ‘o’.

“So” I imitated him.

Apparently imitating is our thing.

“Greg’s party is this Friday, wanna go together?” He asked nervously.

That would be on the same day of the break up… I have two options, either dwell on the past with ice cream and Nicholas Sparks or hang out with a really entertaining hottie.

“Sure. Pick me up at 7?” I asked with a lopsided smile. “Okay, text me your address.”

“I would, if only I had your number…” I bluntly implied that we haven’t exchanged phone numbers.

“Oh right! Hehe sorry.” Leo passed me his phone and I did the same. “We should probably get back, wouldn’t wanna be late.”

He nodded and we made our way back to hell.

Chris’s POV:

“Yo Chris.”

“”Sup Daniel.”

“Nothin’ much. I’m havin’ a party tonight. You up for it?”

“Sounds good. See ya there.” I hung up.

I looked around one last time, took a deep breath and headed back towards my car.

There’s nothing like spending a Tuesday around drunk, horny girls.

Shortest chapter yet... Yay...

Elizabeth Gillies to the side, she plays Tori.