Chapter 5;

Tori’s POV:

“This or this?” Mel held up two shirts, one was a black crop top with sequins at the hem and the other was a dark red peplum shirt.

“Wear the red one with black leggings and my stilettos.” I responded.

“Perfect! Thank you!” She rushed into her walk-in closet to get dressed. It was Friday and she was getting ready for her date with Luke.

“Hey Mel, I have a question to ask you.” I was about to drop the bomb which is known as Aiden.

“Yeah? What’s up?” Her head protruded from the closet.

Here goes nothing; “What’s going on between you and Aiden?”

“What do you mean? Nothing’s going on between us. We’re just friends and that’s all. I don’t like him and he doesn’t like me and nothing has happened and nothing will happen between us.” She said all of that without pausing for a breath which made the whole thing unbelievable.

I sure as hell wasn’t about to believe her but she was getting ready for a date with a guy she was crazy about.

“Would you mind doing my hair?” She asked. “Sure thing, hand me the curling iron.”

-2 hours later-

“You look gorgeous! Luke won’t know what hit him.” I winked, “I’m not sure how to feel about that but okay.” She smiled gratefully.

She wore the outfit and paired it with a studded black necklace. Her strawberry blonde hair was in loose curls and she had minimal makeup on. The smoky eye effect really made her green eyes pop. All in all, she looked amazing.

“You’d better not get home wasted, I want details.” I warned her. Just in time, the doorbell rang signaling Luke’s arrival.

“HE’S HERE OMG HE’S HERE WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO I’M NOT READY FOR THIS OMG TELL HIM IM SICK OR SOMETHING.”

“Melanie Aaron Foster. The boy is waiting for you and you look amazing. Out of all the girls he could’ve asked out, he picked you. So stop freaking out and go make him drool.”

She hesitated but opened up the door. Luke was waiting with a huge grin on his face and a single red rose in his hand. “For you.” He shyly handed it to her. She turned around and waved at me, her face was even redder than the rose.

“Have fun you two, don’t stay out too long.” I winked then shut the door.

Staying alone with absolutely nothing to do pisses me off. It always lets my thoughts run wild, and that’s never a good thing.

I tried getting Aiden to come over but apparently he had better things to do than to sulk with me and Amber was fulfilling her tattoo duties. Basically, I was so alone and it was killing me. I was going to watch TV but then I remembered that my dear Amber had come home drunk once and had destroyed the plasma screen. So I did what I normally do when I was alone, overthink.

-Flashback-

“Tori.” River moaned my name. We were having an extreme makeout session at Greg’s party.

Greg was one of River’s many friends and it was kind of a spring break party. River and I were celebrating our one year anniversary by, well, making out.

He pushed me into a room and took off his shirt. I had to just stop and ogle. The guy had six-pack, any sane girl would have done the same.

He smirked then walked towards me, all in the meantime my heart was acting like a deranged chimp, aka uncontrollable.