And So It Begins..

"Ew! Philip, did you even follow the cooking instructions?" Angelica asked as she spat out his failed cookies.
"Oh, come on. They can't be that bad," Philip said trying one of his cookies.
He instantly spat it out.
"..okay they're that bad."
"Mhm." Angelica said before taking a sip of water.
"Hey," their mother greeted as she walked into the kitchen setting her keys down on the counter.
"Hey," Angelica and Philip said in sync. "So," Eliza continued, "your father and I are going out on a date. He needs to get away from his work."
They both nodded. Their father did work a lot.
"Well, you two have fun!" Angelica said while dumping Philip's cookies into the trash.
"Oh we will," Eliza responded. Philip coughed. "Can you two watch AJ, James, and John?" Eliza asked, without waiting for response, "Cool, thanks! See you guys in an hour or two." And she was gone to pick Alexander up from work instantly.

***

"I don't think that's what she meant when she said to watch the kids.." Philip said to Angie as she stared at James and John. "These are the trouble makers. You can't take your eyes off of them."
At that moment, AJ came trotting down the stairs.
"Mom, mom, mom, mom!"
He came to the bottom of the stairs, and looked at Philip and Angie. "Where's mom?" Finally turning away from James and John, Angie said, "Not home. What do you want?" AJ took his phone out of his pocket to show Angie that his favorite band was in town, and they were putting on a free show.
John peeked over Angie's shoulder to look at the phone. "That's at me and mommy's favorite park!" John said giggling excitedly. "Mhm," Angie murmured distractedly.
"So can we go?"
AJ asked, jumping up and down. Philip snorted. "AJ's a fanboy."
Angelica ignored Philip, because he wasn't being helpful in the slightest.
"I don't know, AJ.. Mom said we can't leave the house when neither mom or dad aren't here,"
AJ got on his knees,"I beg of you!"
"Uh, Angie?" Philip interjected, "where did John go?"
Angie looked at the couch where he was sitting, and sure enough, he wasn't there. Then all at the same time, AJ, Philip and Angelica looked to see the front door wide open. "Uh oh," once again, in sync.

To be continued..