Operation James

"Mom's going home in a car. We're on foot, and out of shape! There's no way we're beating her home!" AJ complained, breathlessy as they all dashed down the side walk. "Hey, speak for yourself," Philip said glancing backwards at AJ. Angelica slowed down to a stop, causing everyone to stop with her. "AJ's right, there's no way we'll make it back first," she panted. "It might be time to.. wait a minute-" Angelica looked at all of her brothers, and gasped suddenly. "Where's James!?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Who the hell is that?" AJ asked, watching the man speaking to James.
"I don't know but he's clearly unstable. I mean, the man is wearing crocs," Philip inputted.
"Focus, Pip," Angie said gripping the pepper spray in her pocket. "AJ, you're the distraction. Make him forget about James for a second," Angie instructed him. AJ nodded and darted across the street to the man. "Allow me to uh- show you a magic trick! Lemme see both your hands, please kind sir," AJ continued. The man hesitantly put his hands forth.
"That worked??" Philip stifled a laugh.
"Let's go!," Angie sprinted to James and grabbed his hand. Angie gave the man a quick spray in the eye with her pepper spray and bolted with AJ, James, and John. The man rubbed his eyes, and cursed. Philip was about to run off with his siblings when he saw his father approach the man that was speaking to his little brother. He couldn't make out what they were saying, even as they were raising their voices at each other. Eventually, he turned to catch up with everyone.

"Where were you?" Angie asked Philip as he ran to catch up. "Somethings up with Dad," he said quietly enough, just for her to hear.
"Yeah, we decided he's been acting weird since we got back from Grandpa's, but why're you bringing that up now?"
"Cause' there's something else. I'll tell you later."