XVIII

"Going on a vacation?"

That was what Junhoe asked his best friend when he saw the two suitcases packed to the brim in the corner of his living room. Jaesun just chuckled at the older's words.

"Business trip actually." Jaesun confirmed.

"Ah." Junhoe knew about them too well. "Good luck."

"Thanks." Jaesun said as he continued packing. "So, how are things with you and Jinhwan?"

Junhoe was shocked by the sudden question.

"Why do you ask?"

"What? I can't ask about my best friend's love life?" Jaesun questioned, finishing up with the packing.

Junhoe just chuckled nervously. He had never really labelled Jinhwan as his 'love life'.

"Everything's going fine. Thank you very much." Junhoe purposely added sarcasm to his sentence.

"Really?" Jaesun quirked an eyebrow cheekily.

"Stop reading into things." Junhoe warned him with a chuckle, understanding what the younger had meant.

••••••••••

"You don't have to come with me."

"I know, but I want to."

Jinhwan rolled his eyes at the younger's response. He just needed to get something from his apartment. Did Junhoe really need to come with him?

"Fine." Jinhwan gave in, earning a proud smirk from Junhoe.

Jinhwan ignored the smirk on the younger's lips and just headed for his apartment with Junhoe following close behind.

They arrived at Jinhwan's apartment after a few minutes. Jinhwan turned the key to open the door. Once the door was opened, they both walked inside.

"Wait here." Jinhwan told Junhoe before dashing off to his room to get what he came for.

While he waited for Jinhwan, Junhoe took the time to look around. The apartment was actually a lot smaller than he thought it would be. Honestly, Junhoe was glad he was sober this time because last time he didn't really get the chance to look around.

He hated thinking about that night, but he couldn't stop his mind from drifting back to it every now and then. Sure, he wasn't in his right mind and he apologized to Jinhwan for what he did and Jinhwan forgave him, but he couldn't stop the feeling of guilt from coming back to bite him.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when his eyes caught a glimpse of a piece of paper on a nearby desk. He squinted his eyes to read it. That's when he realized it was an agreement form that Jinhwan had yet to fill out. An agreement form to transfer money to his family in Miami.

Miami? Junhoe thought to himself. That's where his family lives?

"Got it."

Junhoe heard Jinhwan's voice say, causing to look at the older.

"Come on, we're going to be late." Jinhwan said as he rushed out the door.

How often do we say that? Junhoe thought. Running late seemed to be a reoccurrence for the two at this point.

••••••••••

The two had just finished with a meeting and were now leaving the office. If Junhoe was to be totally honest, he only caught on to half of the things that were talked about during the meeting because he couldn't seem to get the agreement form out of his head. He was lucky he had Jinhwan.

"I have a business errand to run. I'll be back soon." Junhoe told Jinhwan before leaving the company building.

He wasn't lying about the errand part, however, he was lying about it being business related. In reality he went to buy a ticket to Miami.

He arrived back at the office within about 3 hours. When he reached his office he poked his head in, causing Jinhwan to look up from his laptop.

"Let's go. We have a flight to catch." Junhoe said. Jinhwan was shocked by the sudden change in schedule.

"Right now? But I don't have anything packed."

"Don't worry. That's all sorted out already." Junhoe told him. "Come on."

Jinhwan was so confused by the sudden trip, but besides questioning it even further, he just packed up his laptop and all his other essentials before following Junhoe outside.

••••••••••

Everything went so fast. They were on the private plane in no time and the plane was now taking off into the air. Jinhwan was still afraid of planes, but he had learned to somewhat control the fear better now.

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going?" Jinhwan asked.

"No. You'll just have to wait and see." Junhoe smirked sheepishly.

Jinhwan sighed in defeat. There's no way he's going to get the information out of Junhoe so he might as well just give up.

It had been a few hours already and Jinhwan felt his eyelids becoming heavy. He fought the urge to fall asleep for a while, but he couldn't hold it off forever.

He eventually dozed off, unintentionally leaning his head on Junhoe's shoulder.

Feeling a sudden weight on his shoulder, Junhoe looked over to see Jinhwan fast asleep with his head comfortably leaning on his shoulder. Junhoe couldn't help but smile at how cute the older looked.

He really was falling for Jinhwan.