19

That night Kat, and I just hung out in her room watching Netflix movies, and eating pizza. "This movie is so underrated." I say halfway through 'Just One Of The Guys.' "I know right." She agrees grabbing another slice of pizza. After a few minutes my phone goes off. Pulling it out I see a notification from Instagram. My mood instantly changes. "What is it?" Kat asks realizing my expression shift. "Just a message." I say clicking off my phone. "From who?" She asks. "Doesn't matter." I say tucking my hands under my head. "Becca." She looks at me concerned. "I don't want to talk about it." I say still looking at the T.V. She pauses the movie. "What?" I ask looking at her. "Who was it?" She asks again. "Jack." I look down. "What did he say?" She asks her eyes going soft. "He wants to talk." I roll to lay on my back. "That's all?" She asks. "No." I shift. "What else?" She asks. "Here just read it." I say giving it to her. "I'm so in love with you, it kills me to think of life without you." She whispers under her breath. "Oh." She looks at me, eyes soft. "Yeah." I sit up against the wall. "You need to talk to him." She tells me. "I can't." I shake my head. "Why?" She asks. "It's just too hard. I can't even think about him without wanting to cry." I tilt my head to the side. "Oh, Becca." She wraps her arm around my shoulders. "I actually loved him." I sniffle. "You loved him?" She asks emphasizing 'loved.' "Loved." I nod. "So you don't anymore?" She sits up, looking at me. "I don't know." I look up from my legs to the T.V. "Well how will you know?" She furrows her eyebrows. "Never will." I look up at her, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Oh?" She squints, confused. "And why not?" She asks. "Cause. The only reason I knew I loved him in the first place was because he held me, and kept me safe. I fell in love with him in that moment, and luckily got to tell him minutes afterward. It's very easy to fall out of love right after you fall into it." I look back down at the bed. She looked down, a tear falling from her eye. "How easily did you fall in love with him?" She says after a minute. "Like Hazel did." I smile slightly. "Huh?" She looks back up at me confused. "Slowly, and then all at once." The smile goes away. "Oh." She looks down again. "We should just finish the movie." I say breaking the silence that held us for a moment. "Yeah." She turns back to the T.V. un-pausing the movie. The rest of the night we don't talk. After the movie she turns on Stranger Things, and I fall asleep halfway though the second episode.

The next morning I wake up in an empty bed. Getting up, and going to the stairs I see Daniel and Corbyn in the living room with Kat. I walk down, and sit with Kat on the couch, Corbyn looking at me with sad eyes. His arms crossed, and Daniel is in the chair hunched over, also looking at me. "What?" I ask, biting on the dead skin on my lip. "How are you?" Corbyn asks, Daniel's eyes flickering over to Kat. "I'm fine. You?" I ask confused. "I'm okay." He says, his expression changing to confused. "Are you sure?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. "Yeah... yeah." He reassures. "Alright." I look at him for a few seconds more, then over to Daniel who's still looking at Kat. He feels my eyes on him, and his flicker back over to me. He smiles, and sits up, leaning against the back of the chair. "What's going on?" I ask Kat. She turns to look at me. "You don't remember yesterday?" She asks, and everything comes flashing back. "Oh... right." I look away. Corbyn comes, and sits by me on the couch, hugging me. I lean into him, and just let him hold me. My face stays blank, and my eyes dry. I don't want to cry anymore, and I'm not going to. "I'm fine. It's all fine. I'll get over it in time." I say, Corbyn's arms still surrounding me. "Okay." Corbyn responds, not letting go, but pulling me closer. "Corbyn." I shift. "Yeah?" He asks. "You don't have to do this anymore." I say referring to his arms. "Oh..." He says letting go. "Heh." He smiles, and I smile back. "Are you going to talk to him?" Daniel finally speaks. "No." I sit up, and look at my feet. "But yesterday you said you would." Kat says, leaning forward to look at me. "Last night is a blur. The only thing I know is that he messaged me." I say still looking down. "You said eventually." She explains. "What did he say?" Daniel asks. "Something about wanting to talk, and missing me." I shrug. "Kat do you know what he said?" Corbyn asks turning to her. "He said he's so in love with her, it kills him to think of life without her." She looks down at her knees. "He really does love you." Daniel looks at me. "Well then he shouldn't have cheated, kissed her back, and lied to me." I look back at him. "He didn't." Corbyn says. "How do you know?" I turn to him. "Cause I was standing right there." He answers almost shouting in a angry, upset kinda way. "Rebecca. He does love you." Kat reassures. "Okay." I get up, and go into the backyard, frustrated with everyone.

I sit by the pool, my legs in the water. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I go to Instagram and open the search bar. 'AlexMendoza' She's been doing a lot lately. Going to Hawaii, Ohio, and Italy. She got a dog, and moved into her own apartment, cut her hair, now styled in a under cut, and I guess she did have a boyfriend after Jack, but they broke up a month ago according to her timeline. I scroll through her account opening a few pictures checking the comments, and likes. Nothing from Jack. Maybe I did make a mistake.