30

It's Thursday, three days after Kat got home, and I'm done packing, honestly I finished the day after she got home. Tonight's my last night at the house before I officially start moving my stuff to my new place. Kat's pulling out all her cook books, and looking for recipes online trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight, while I sit at the table watching her. "Help me." She says looking at me. "Nah." I shrug, amused. "You're mean." She looks back down at the book in her hand. "You didn't help me pack, and isn't Daniel supposed to be here helping you?" I ask. "Yeah, I don't know where he is." She responds, setting down the book and looking at her laptop. "Call him, and calm down, just make that lasagna you made a while ago." I try to solve the problem. "I don't think I have everything for the lasagna." She turns back to me. "I'll run out and get the stuff, call Daniel." I say standing up, and handing her, her phone. "Okay, I'll message you what we need when I'm off the phone with Daniel." She smiles, a thankful look appearing on her face. "I'll be back." I say, leaving the kitchen.

She messages me about five minutes later. I pull up to the Target, finding a parking spot close to the doors. I glance down at my phone checking the message before getting out. I head to the dairy first, and continue going down the list. I'm on my way to get snack foods for the movie marathon we're having after dinner, when I hear my name. Looking up I see Mike smiling, and waving. "Hi." I smile, walking up to him. "Hi, how are you?" He asks glancing at the scabs on my cheek, then looking back to my eyes. "I'm okay, my cheek is slowly healing, and my hands are better." I say holding up my hands, "What about you?" I continue. "I'm good, cleaning my apartment today, and reorganizing. As well as getting some new furniture, and decorations." He says, explaining all the cleaning supplies, and home decor in his cart. "What are you up to tonight?" He asks looking at the stuff I have. "My friend is making a big dinner for our friends and me. It's my last night in the house, and so we're also having a movie night, not sure of the amount of sleep we'll be getting." I laugh for no obvious reason, glancing at my things. "Your last night in the house?" He questions. "Yeah, I'm taking your advice, seeing what it's like to live on my own. Maybe you can help me with the atheistic." I laugh, again, and so does he. "Well I'm not so good at interior, just having some fun." He smiles. "We could have fun with my apartment.. did that sound kinda wrong to you too?" I stop myself, looking at him. "A little, but I understood what you meant." He laughs. "Anyways, I need a design buddy for my apartment, and Kat's going to be busy." I explain. "Okay, I will help you, just message me when you're settled." He agrees, flashing me a smile.

I get back to the house and hear people talking in the kitchen. I take off my shoes, and walk to the door kicking it open. "Hi." I smile, stepping in front of the door to stop it from closing. "Oh hi, let me help you." Kat says turning around. "Thank you," I smile, "hi Daniel." I say turning to him. "Hi Becca." He smiles back. "Daniel help us." Kat says in a slightly angry voice. "Sorry." He laughs.

Kat and Daniel are making dinner while I'm in the living room waiting for everyone else to arrive. I can hear them laughing, and I smile to myself hoping one day I'll have a relationship like theirs. After a few minutes I hear the door open, and I turn around to see Corbyn walk in carrying a gift in his hands, and he's followed by a very giddy Zach. I laugh at the look on his face. Jonah, and Jack come in a few seconds later also carrying gifts. Jonah looks at Zach angrily, then throwing a plain black box at him. "You said you would carry the small one dumbass." He says watching Zach stumble to grab the box. Jack looks over, and sees me watching them. I smile at him, and he smiles back, then he looks back at the rest of the boys. My smile fades, and I turn back around.  A few moments later I feel the couch sink beside me. I turn to see Jack smiling. "Hi." He says when our eyes meet. "Hi." My smile reappears. "How're you?" He asks. "Eh.. decent. You?" I respond, shrugging. "Not terrible, could be better." He also shrugs, turning to face forward and falling back into the couch. "Anything I could help with?" His expression shifted at the question. "Well yeah, but not at the moment." He says quietly, and pulling his bottom lip with his teeth. "Oh..." I respond, confused. "Mmhm." He nods. I'm about to ask when we're joined by the other boys. Corbyn is laughing at Jonah who still seems to be upset at Zach.

We talked for about an hour before being called into the kitchen for dinner. "Mangia tutto." Kat says as she serves everyone. "Huh?" Zach looks at her, a confused expression on his face. "Eat up. I just said it in Italian cause well... lasagna." She explains, shrugging, then taking a seat next to Daniel. "Oh." He responds, a hint of embarrassment in his voice. "Don't worry Zach, no one ever really understands what she's saying, we just go along with it." I say in a slight joking tone, a smile on my face. "Says the one who cant even make sense of a simple sentence." Kat tries with a comeback. "What?" I look at her, my eyebrows furrowed, my smile growing bigger. "You know what I meant." She huffs, crossing her arms. "Battle of the idiots." Zach chants, throwing a fist in the air. "Says you." Kat glances at him, then turning back to me. "What's that supposed to mean?" Zach puts his hand to his heart, sounding offended. "Oh, did I hurt little Zachary's feelings? I'm sorry." She snarls sarcastically. "No, I was just.. wondering what you uh.. meant." He frowns, and looks at the table. We all dish up, and are having small conversations amongst ourselves.