9

Narrative

Lucy looked down at her phone, staring at her screen that had messages of Levy telling her to have a 'great day at work'. She chuckled at Levy's almost mother like words and typed back a quick 'thx'. She opened the door hearing the bell ring and saw Mira behind the register looking excited by her appearance seeing as the store was empty for the exception of items for sale.

"Hello Lucy!" Mira's cherry voice called out. Lucy waved with a smile as she entered, she felt happy to be back at the store which strangely called at her. It was the next day and she was ready to work.

"Hey Mira" She said as she walked towards her. "Cutting right to the chase, are you free tomorrow?" Lucy asked. Mira nodded, "Yeah, I usually don't work on Saturday nights"

Lucy clapped her hands excitedly. "Wanna go out tonight? Get to know each other and get drunk?"

Mira winked. "In that case count me in" Lucy laughed and turned around as the door opened. A woman with scarlet red hair, pale skin, and brown eyes entered with a sort of dominant stance.

"Hello ladies. Working hard I hope." The woman's red hair gave Lucy a reason to believe she was Erza Scarlet, the woman she was supposed to be working with two days ago but never showed.

"Oh Erza, nobody is here!" Mira opened her arms wide as she said that. "And Lucy was just about to invite you to a get together later tonight!" Mira smiled. Lucy nodded confirming Mira's accusation.

"I would love to come and get to know the new worker" Erza smiled and stretched her arm out. "Nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you Lucy." Lucy repeated the gesture and shook her hand. Erza's hand tighten around Lucy's and—to her surprise—tighter than she expected.

"O-oh! What a tight grip you got there" Lucy said with a startled expression. Erza chuckled.

"Thank you" Erza said in response to the compliment. Lucy nodded, wryly she said "No problem"

"Almost everybody doesn't work today," Erza said as she looked around. "Wonder why?" Lucy asked as she too turn her head.

"Possibly because it's easier to write with three character" Mira giggled. Erza and Lucy looked confused, "What is that supposed to mean?" Erza asked.

Mira waved her off and giggled. "Maybe we can close early and invite some of the others as well?"

"On most occasions I would decline, but since its to better know our fellow worker, that sounds like a splendid idea," Erza nodded with a determined expression, "Let us get ready and meet at my dwelling" she took out her phone giving it to Lucy. "I'll put us all in a group chat and chat on the way"

"Sure!" Lucy smiled typing her number in. "Well I guess I should go home then and get ready." Mira nodded at Lucy's word and pointed at her, "Make sure to dress for a club!"

"Wait a club?" Lucy questioned. Mira nodded and so did Erza, "Where else? I know the club owner personally! I'll text her and she should let us in without trouble!" Mira squealed at the thought. Erza nodded walking out the door, Lucy watched from the windows and could see her walk away, "I guess that is a good plan."

"Yay! Can't wait!"