7

Narrative

Levy

Are you out yet?

Lucy

Yes I am, tell you all about it when I get home

Lucy walked home with a smile on her face and hands gripping her device tightly. She was listening to music, hearing the soft voice in a song was soothing to her. It was dark out, her boots hitting the bumpy sidewalk was heard and—to her knowledge—was the only thing that was heard.

"Excuse me!" Lucy's head shot up as she heard a little girl's voice shout. She turned her head frantically to find where the troubled girl was. Once realizing the owner of the voice was no where to be found she shook her head chuckling at her stupid mistake, it was probably in her song, though she never heard it before. She paused the music and took her headphones out and continued to walk, listening to her own humming.

"PLEASE HELP!" The voice was louder, Lucy cringed at the loudness of the voice and looked around, she looked towards an ally. She turned the flashlight of her phone on and peered inside, but nothing was there except an ugly brown and black cat. "Heh, aren't you unpleasant to look at" she whispered to the cat. 

"FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HELP ME!" Lucy heard the voice again, she held the sides of her head believing that she had gone mad at this point. She walked with her eyes widen and hands still placed on the sides of her head.

"WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?! I AM DYING!" Lucy heard, the voice was crying out to her but she couldn't help at all. "PLEASE SAVE ME" Lucy let out a tear and refused to turn around as she felt like someone was staring at her.

"I'm sorry! I can't help you!" Lucy shouted back to the voice, she kept pleading for it to stop, for her mind to shut up. That is what it is right? Her mind playing tricks on her? That's the most reasonable explanation. But then again what sane person would say that a little girl was screaming at her in her own mind?

"HELP! HELP!" She heard over and over again. She plugged her headphones in again, and once the loud music started playing she could no longer hear the voices. She sighed in relief but yelped as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She shouted bloody murder and ran for her home. Her house was still a few blocks away. She could hear the footsteps of whoever was behind her, she took out her pepper spray and turned around with her eyes close. She pushed the top of the bottle and out came the spray. Lucy opened her eyes and immediately hissed as some of the spray entered her eyes. 

"Fuck" She forced her eyes open to see if she could look at the perpetrator in the face, although she was no where ready to see who it was. But to Lucy's dismay she found no one. No one was in front of her or curled up in a ball on the floor, which she had hoped to see.

Her heart was racing, face was red, and her breath was hitched. She walked backward and turned around to start running. She held her shoulders and shuddered as wind came to sweep her off her feet, or at least that was what she wanted.

Lucy finally got to her home and tears of happiness forced its way out of her eyes. She ran inside and immediately ran to her room closing the blinds and taking off her shoes to jump in bed and close her eyes. She thought about what had happened still shaking from it.

"What in the absolute fuck was that?"