Chapter 8

Tobias POV

I wake up to find that Tris isn't in bed anymore. I lift my head and hear the shower going.

I hop out of bed and put on a black t-shirt with black pants. It feels good to be dauntless again.

Today Tris gets to pick jobs. I already have my two jobs.

The shower stops and 2 minutes later Tris emerges in a black tank top and black skinny jeans. She walks over to me and I kiss her on the lips.

"Morning sleepy head."

"Morning Tris. Do you know what you want to pick?" I try to sound as mature as possible, so Tris knows I want her to think seriously.

"Mmmmmmaybbe.... I need help." She whines and plops down on the couch.

"I can't help you. You're the one that's has to live with the decision, not me."

Tris POV

I want to do a government job, but that involves a ton of travel and Tobias and I want to settle down. I've always had a passion for art, so maybe I can be a tattoo artist part time and then train initiates with Tobias.

That's what I'm going to do.

Tobias and I walk hand and hand over to the cafeteria for breakfast.

We sit down at our normal table and Christina gives me a look.

"What?"

"Why are you guys ALWAYS late to breakfast?" she asks, winking and me then looking at Tobias.

"It's called being teenagers and sleeping in." I tell her as I punch her arm slightly.

"Yeahhh okay. Anyways what are you going to choose for your job?"

"I'm thinking tattoo artist and then initiate trainer with Four. "

"OMG! I might do tattoo artist too!!! That would be awesome if we were working there together! Maybe we co......." I zone out halfway through her talking and glance over at Tobias. He's smiling and joking around with Zeke. I can't believe I'm going to marry that kid.

I'm truly happy.

We aren't staying with eachother by default. We chose eachother over and over again. I choose him, and he chooses me.

After breakfast Tobias and I walk down to the pit to pick our jobs.

As we are walking spray painted on the way it says "IM ON A ROLLERCOASTER THAT ONLY GOES UP MY FRIEND." With a drawing of a Roller coaster. Weird. Amity probably did that.

The leaders were the only ones that weren't reset so they restored the factions. I wonder who will be dauntless leader now that Max, and Eric are gone..

We get to the pit and there are tables with people behind them.

"Name?" They ask me as I get up.

"Tris Prior."

"Job of choice?"

"Initiate trainer and if I can, tattoo artist."

"Since you were ranked first that will be allowed. Do you need a new apartment?"

I look at Tobias who is standing next to me and smile.

"No, I think I have that set up already."

"Okay ms. prior. You start your tattoo job tomorrow at 8:30 and initiate trainer in 2 weeks. Have a great day."

Tobias and I walk back to our apartment and he unlocks the door. Right when he does this he turns around and grabs my waist, picks me up and kisses me.

"What are you doing?!" I ask in between kisses.

"You picked your jobs! I thought we could celebrate.." he says as he kisses my neck. I sigh slightly and slowly kiss him. He puts me down and walks over to get a little wine.

He pours us two glasses and we sit down on the couch.

"Do you want to watch some TV Hun?" He asks

"Sure. Let's watch wipeout."

We watch ten episodes of wipeout and by the time it's over it's already 6pm.

"We missed lunch. Let's just make dinner here."

For dinner we end up having some leftover pizza.

We crawl in bed after a long day and assume our positions: my head on Tobias' chest and his arm around me. My life is perfect.