The Peaceful Family

Damian woke up, his groggy mind fogged and fuzzy, he stood up with a painful grunt. He soaked in the sun rays as he limped to his water hole out front of the abandoned building they took home in.

He lapped greedily at the water, his tail wagged happily as he lifted his head licking his chops and happily trotted but still with a limp to the kitchen. He picked up a fresh rabbit from the pile of 2 other kills. He looked up to face Saturn, he curled up next to his mate, who was busy cleaning the bones off her most recent meal. "Sleep well?" Her voice broke the silence besides the quiet sound of tearing flesh as Damian tore a chunk of meat from the corpse.

"I slept alright, my shoulders hurt." He whined gently, "But.. mentally.. no" he sadly spoke, "Tia's right." He looked down to face his mates round blue eyes "I left him to die. I'm a murderer" he spoke softly.

"Don't sulk. You tried, you really did." Her voice soft with remorse, giving his cheek a lick. He smiled as he cuddled her with thumps of his tail against the floor. The distance gave off happy clicks of nails against the boards bounding around happily, hearing yips and barks of joy from their pups room.

"Luna! That's my tail-!" Barked a playful voice, small bundles bounding out the room, crashing into the wall with Luna ramming into her head first with a sharp yelp, "Ow, Luna!" Tia cried out as she turned her head to face Luna with a painful whine.

"Not my fault you are clumsy!" Yipped the playful pup, her multicolored eyes filled with happiness as she playfully pulled her sisters ear, who quickly pulled away and nipped her cheek. "Now let's go get breakfast." Luna licked her sisters forehead and bounded towards the fresh kill pile, picking up a fat vole.

The two sisters sat beside their parents as their puppy teeth sunk into the flesh of the prey, greedily eating it. Damian looked down to watch his pups, he gave a wag of his tail as he had his family at both sides of him.