JULY, 1986

Bradley's POV

I remember the day in that year when I was helping my mother to mow grass and I saw a moving truck parking in front of the house next to mine. A red Caprice parked right behind it and a I could see a woman leaving it with a baby in her hands. A man also left the car and he opened the door house while the truck driver was opening the truck to get the stuff out of it.

My mother looked at me and said something like: "Look Brad, we have new neighbors". She said and stopped what she was doing to say hello. I walked behind her and she was talking to the new neighbor. I could notice the baby was a girl and according to her mother, she was 4 months old. It was their first child and they moved from New York to Philadelphia because her husband got a good job opportunity. Mom always got excited meeting new people. Probably because she was alone all her life.

"Wanna have dinner in my house tonight? You are probably tired from the trip".

"That would be great!". The woman smiled at my mom and told her they would have dinner at our place. I helped my mom to finish mowing the grass from our garden and we went inside.

My brother, Noah, was playing his Atari and I asked to play with him. He said I could not, as always. My eight year old brother was always mean to me. My mom always told me I was exactly the opposite of him. She found me more gentle and polite. I decided to help my mother to make dinner.

My mom's name was Gloria and she was a lovely nurse who run away from an abusive husband. She was originally from Ohio, as my brother. When she was still pregnant of her second child, she moved and brought Noah with her. I was born some weeks later.

At 6pm the couple ringed the doorbell and my mom let them in. The baby was sleeping and they left her on the couch. I ate fast and run to the living room to see the baby. She was still sleeping. Her mother, Cynthia, told me her name was Stefani. She was a very calm baby. I always wanted a sister but mom was done with kids.

Mom became friend with Cynthia and her husband, Joe. They were simple people and always helped us when we needed. My mother always worked all day and I am glad she was home in the day Cynthia and Joe moved.

I don't think things would have happened if she didn't introduce herself to them.

To be continued