JULY, 2003 - Part One

Bradley's POV

"I love 4th of July!" Stefani said all happy while walking to her father's office. I could smell the barbecue from inside her house. Even my mom was celebrating it with Stefani's family. I was following her through the hall.

"Why didn't you open the letter in the moment you got it?"

"Because I am scared".

"Scared of what?" I rolled my eyes while she opened the door.

"What if I didn't get accepted?" She answered and I shrugged.

"Well, not opening it won't change their answer". She gave me the envelope. "C'mon... You did fine. I am sure!"

"Open it for me". I rolled my eyes again and did what she asked me. "Dear, Stefani..." I started reading the letter. "Congratulations! On behalf of the Juilliard Graduate School community, I am pleased to announce your admission for spring 2003..."

She screamed really loud and didn't let me finish reading it. I thought she would pass out when she took that paper from my hands and started reading it for herself. Cynthia came over and looked at me first and then to her daughter. "What happened?"

"Mom... I..."

"Did you finally open the letter?"

"Yeah... I got admitted!"

Cynthia screamed and hugged her daughter so tight that Stefani got red and of course, they were crying at that point.

In the moment I read that, I got scared. Stefani would never miss that chance and would move to New York. I was not sure if I would handle the fact Stefani would be near me now but surrounded by new people. I was just being jealous (or maybe an asshole).

I loved the idea of having her around but what if I was not able to take care of her and some shit happened to her? Stefani was happy and I was not going to take it from her. I decided to keep quiet and celebrate it. Some days later we found out she got admitted in other two universities, but her choice was New York. She loved that city and I was proud of my girl.

Stefani run outside to tell everyone the news. I think I never saw her dad crying before. It was a beautiful day. All the fireworks that were set off to celebrate that holiday, perfectly matched the moment.

"Can I go with you?" Natali asked her big sister. We were in the office, they were playing cards. I was sitting there, watching that scene and trying to read a newspaper at the same time.

"Of course not. It's been years I am trying to get rid of you". Stefani chuckled. "Remember the day I tried to throw her in the toilet?" Stefani looked at me, laughing and I nodded my head, trying not to laugh. She was obviously lying.

"What a liar!" Natali laughed too. "Well, at least buy me some gifts".

"Of course I will... Mom and dad need you here, Nat. You have to promise me you'll take care of them for me".

"Yeah, I promise". Natali smiled. "But it's not like you are going to disappear, right?"

"Nah, I will always visit you, guys. I can't live without my little sister". Stefani got up to hug her sister and she gave her a kiss in the cheek.

"Ew, leave me alone". Natali said, rubbing her fingers on her face, pretending to clean it. "I won!" She threw her cards on the table and Stefani rolled her eyes while watching her sister walking to the door. Stefani walked towards me and I pulled her by her arm, making her sit on the armchair with me. She hugged me and sighed.

"I am scared..."

"Of what?"

"I don't know. Everything... I am still not sure if that's what I want for me".

"Oh no, Stef, we talked about it. You were so happy five minutes ago and now you don't want that anymore? This is important for your future and you won't be alone there. And that's a great excuse to live with me". She looked at me like she wasn't expecting me to say that.

"Really?"

"Well, yeah?!" I laughed. "You seem surprised".

"I never thought you would want that... I mean, not that soon".

"Why not? I am living there, you are going to move, I hope..."

Stefani's POV

I got really happy when Bradley said I could move and maybe live with him. I didn't think about it when applying to colleges. The last thing I wanted was inviting myself to live in his apartment and make him think we were going too fast.

Of course I was scared and not so sure about anything in my life like most teens are. All I knew I wanted to make a living as singer and writer. That's what I loved the most and I always had the support from my family and now my boyfriend.

Even though I was loving being in a relationship with Bradley, it was still weird sometimes that he actually was my boyfriend. I caught myself sometimes looking myself in the mirror asking "how?". How that hot and sweet man even felt attracted to me? I was still in shock because every time he visited me, he looked better and I was just that growing woman that got nothing in special, besides a big italian nose.

Bradley not only supported me in every decision, he always made me feel better about myself, specially my looks. I felt like he was always trying to protect me and all girls like to feel that way.

I gave him a peck on the lips and he pulled me, making me stay closer. And he was kissing me. He is everywhere up my back and over my arm, and suddenly he was kissing me harder and deeper. I realized I would never have enough of him.

"I really want it but our parents are outside". I smiled and got up from the armchair. He sighed. We didn't do that in a while but it was difficult for us to stay alone and since he was always the one to visit me, it was even harder.

"Yeah, you need to get out of this house... I mean, fast!"

"I didn't know this side of you". He laughed and got up to hug me.

"Oh yeah, I can't wait to have you near me. I feel so alone, baby". I felt his arms around me, he was smelling so good I thought I would melt.

"Alone?" I asked, rubbing my face on his neck. "You never told me that..."

"I just miss cuddling you". He kissed my cheek. "I miss all about you".

I smiled and kissed him. It was a good feeling to hear that. I always caught myself imagining him so busy, hanging with friends and not having time to even think of me. Bradley was rarely open about his feelings and I was happy that he felt comfortable to say that to me. Things were fine for both of us. It was just like a dream.

To be continued...

Guys, I promise this story will get better. My computer is broke and I wrote it at work lol  Sorry if there's any mistake. Thanks for the sweet comments.

Hope you enjoy it tho. Xx