Chapter 17

Peetas POV

I was just putting the finishing touches on the wedding cake. It's ocean blue with waves splashing over it, sailing boats, fish and sea flowers. (I have no clue if that's a real thing...) I lean back from the table and sigh happily. My door opens and Dr. Maysa comes in, but she holds the door open. What brings me to surprise is when Haymitch walks in behind her.

"The cake looks lovely Peeta" Dr. Maysa says. I don't look at her, I'm staring right though Haymitch, burning him my eyes. The three guards that were standing by the door wheel out the cake and usher my doctor out. "Peeta, your looking good." Haymitch says tring to clear the silence that lingers in the room.

"Why didn't you tell me about the plan!?" I spit at him. He sighs, "I couldn't I had no choice, you nor K-Katniss knew about it." he says trying to act calmly. Why did he say Katniss like it's a posin that I'm going to react to. I roll my eyes. "Well it seems that I wasn't the only one who wanted information." He nods sadly. "I know Peeta, that's why right here, right now, I'm going to answer your questions," This makes me grin.

"Why didn't you rescue me and Johanna?"

"We couldn't, had no time, by the time we got the first three the Capitol hovercraft already showed up." He explains. "Okay, and one question that I really wanna now the answer to is if I can actully get out of this room and like get a compartment like everyone else?" "I don't think that's an option."

Haymitch says quickly. I sigh "Figured," "Well I should get going. It was nice seeing you Peeta." I smile "You too, Haymitch," He walks towards the door. "Wait! Haymitch, can you tell Katniss I'd like to see her?" "Sure thing, kid."

(a/n) I know it was a really short chapter. But I'll update by this weekend ;) I just wanted to do this part. -Grace