Chapter Eight-Now I'm Thinking Two Is Better Than One

The Reid Method: The Beginning

Chapter Eight-Now I'm Thinking Two Is Better Than One

Spencer and J.J. were sitting up in bed together after putting Henry down for the night.

They were both reading their books quietly.

Spencer had something on his mind. He was nervous about what J.J. would think of it.

He kept eyeing her as he read.

J.J. could feel Spencer's eyes on her and knew that there was something he wanted to tell her or that he felt guilty about not telling her.

J.J. set her book down on the bedside table and turned to face Spencer. "Alright, spill it."

Spencer lowered his book and looked over at J.J. puzzled. "What?"

"Tell me what's going on" J.J. said. "I know when you have something on your mind and right now, you definitely do." She took his hand in hers and looked into his eyes. "Tell me what's on your mind."

"You'll think it's a bad idea" Spencer said "because it is a bad idea."

"Tell me" J.J. folded her arms across her chest.

Spencer sighed. "I think we should have another baby." He looked at her, just waiting to see if her reaction was what he imagined it would be.

J.J. put her head back on the pillow looking up at the ceiling. "Another baby?"

J.J. was happy with their family now. She hadn't put any thought into having another child. Right now her focus was on Henry and finding a job in the FBI.

"I know it seems irresponsible" Spencer defended. "But if something should happen to us, I don't want Henry to be alone. He should have someone to play with and they can look out for each other."

"Having a sibling can be a good thing" J.J. pointed out.

Spencer put his head down on his pillow, looking up at the ceiling. "I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for my sisters" Spencer admitted, he turned to face J.J. They were looking at each other. "They were the ones who told me to act on my feelings for you. If I hadn't, we wouldn't have Henry."

"Let me think about it?" J.J. asked.

Spencer nodded.

Five weeks later at the end of July, J.J. announced that she was pregnant again.

They decided to tell J.J.'s parents first this time. On October 18, 2000, J.J. set the table for five. Spencer, herself, her parents, and her son Henry.

She prepared her parents favorite—steak for her father, and macaroni and cheese for her mother.

Spencer put Henry down for a nap in his bedroom before dinner. He came into the kitchen to find J.J. sizing up the kitchen table which was already set.

"What are you doing?" Spencer said walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Making sure that everything is perfect" J.J. sighed. "My mom may be slightly okay with this but my father will definitely disapprove."

"Yeah" Spencer agreed. "Your father hates anything that has to do with me."

J.J. turned to look at him. "My father does not hate you."

"Yes he does" Spencer said and lowered his voice. "And I hate him."

"Hey!" J.J. exclaimed jabbing Spencer in the ribs with her elbow.