Chapter 21: Him

I wake up in cold sweat. No... did I hear correctly? He can't be in my thoughts again... 

"Hi there..."

I turn to my right to see the source of the voice. Nobody.

"Can you see me?"

I snap my head to my left, still looking. Nobody.

"In front."

I slowly turn & I see HIM. I'm in shock, because I never actually saw him last time. I only heard him; listening to his words. As expected, he's a manifestation of me. His skin color is pitch black, dark purple freckles, his hair is the same as mine... but his eyes are... No. NO. NO. "No..."

"Yes."

My head is starting to spin. So... my third "gift" from those ghastly fiends was-

"Me! Did you miss me, Grey?"

"No." I harshly voice out.

"Well, are you going to accept me now? Huh?"

"N-no." I whisper & look away. HE steps closer, his eyes glowing angrily & he grabs a handful of my hair & forces me to look at him. At his eyes. Those glowing, menacing red eyes. The ones that haunted me for a while, wondering  what my third "gift" was, but it's HIM.

My third "gift" is Kai.

"Why are you here? Haven't you learned your lesson last time? I broke free from your control before you fucked it up." I spit at him & he takes a step back, shoving my head against the pillow. 

"I'm back, for good. So, just accept me. There's no avoiding it, Grey~."

He takes a step toward me once more.

"I know you want to pay the old man back. For what he did to Sally... what he did to you... he's gotta pay, right?"

He leans in & whispers into my ear. 

"I know your intentions. They're not pretty, but they'll get the job done. So, if you accept me, I'll get the job done for you. A win-win."

Kai retracts from my ear & regains his full composure & sticks his hand out. With my head down low... 

I accept his offer. I accept his plan. I accept him.

"Finally, I'm back."