Chapter 5: The Results & Pain

The lights turn on in an instant & I look in the mirror to reveal the aftermath of Rey's anger. I was right; this is the worst face this year & it's only February. My right eye sports a purplish color bruise & my lip is torn; bleeding away. There are some glass shards from the beer bottle in my hair; lifting my right hand to brush them away. As the shards tinkle on the bathroom sink & tiled floor near my feet, I feel a wet spot. I take my hand off the spot, blood is on my fingertips & hand. I'm afraid to lift my shirt to see what color markings or bruises I now have.

But, as usual, curiosity kills the cat & I lift my black Vans shirt anyways. Behind the shirt's mask, it reveals multiple bruises; all different types of colors & sizes. The left side of my rib cage holds four purplish, pinkish spots. One of the bruises is as tiny as a golf ball. In contrast, the others are hockey pucks & baseballs. The right side of my body holds two greenish, brownish colored bruises that are the sizes of baseballs. My stomach... well... they're big. They're half the sizes of volleyballs, the colors of the two bruises are black, purple & red. I gently run my fingertips across my whole torso, wincing in pain. Even the gentlest of touches hurt like hell. I try to get a glimpse of my back, but I can't because I'm not an owl.

Twisting their heads 360 degrees....

I take a breath in, groaning in pain & breathe out.