Chapter 17: Hospital

I wake up in a room full of white. As my eyes adjust, I see monitors, colored wires all over my body, a pulse oximeter on my finger & two empty chairs. I lift the ivory blankets to reveal what I'm wearing. A fucking hospital gown. I knew it. "Damn hospitals. Again?" I cry out.

A nurse walks in with a clipboard at hand & seems shocked that I'm awake. Her voice resembles to a hummingbird: high-pitched, ongoing & fast paced. She is wearing a blue nurse outfit with a white mask covering the lower part of her face. She's wearing a name tag that reads: Angie.

Her hair his coffee brown & it's tied up in a ponytail. "Ah, Mr. Black! How are you? You finally woke up! Do you feel any discomfort or are you comfortable enough? Do you want me to bring an extra blanket? Are you co-..." I soon learn to tune her voice out as it muffles. She eventually finds out that I wasn't listening, so she waves a hand & taps my shoulder. I turn to her & she repeats her phrase with an expression of annoyance.

"I asked you, for the past three minutes, do you want me to call your parents?" I flinch & quickly lash out, "No, don't. He doesn't need to know. He can go to fucking Hell & I won't give a shit. So, don't contact him, I can take care of myself." She's taken aback, but regains her composure. "Sir, you're not a full adult, so I must-" I cut her off with a shout, "NO! HE CAN'T BE HERE! DON'T CALL HIM! WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING "THEM?" I ONLY HAVE ONE PARENT & THAT'S HIM! MY MOM...  S-SHE'S FUCKING DEAD!" I quietly weep.

With a shocked expression, she backs out of my hospital room & closes the door. I turn to my right side, facing the window while I cry. I break out into low sobs as I clutch my chest. "Mom... why the hell did he do that? I want to see you again. To comfort you & hold you once more..."

After 10 minutes of me spewing nonsense, I drift into slumber. There's nothing when I sleep. For once, it's peaceful, because there's nothing dragging me to Hell, nor am I running to Mom...

It's just a black haze of nothingness.

(A/N: So, I decided to upload two chapters today of this story, because people have been asking when I was going to update my book & I thought that it was also time that I uploaded. The last update I did was on the 11th of August... Yikes. SO, here's some "good" content & don't forget to vote on the chapters, if you haven't already. Comment if a part does not make any sense & I will edit the chapter once more. 

Thank you & have a good evening/day.

~G)