Chapter 34: Time

(A/N: Trigger warning at 12:50 p.m.)

"Of course I'd remember; every day spent with you is a day to remember. I also looked at the hot cocoa photo, the photo you were crying in, the Valentine's Day photo & the one with Karen. Tell me, what the fuck did Karen do this time?" I say as I take the photo of Karen, Dave & I from the folder. Dave's aura changes quickly. I can sense it. "She tried to take you away from me... & she tried to take me away from you... & she tried to kill both of us. That same fucking day." Dave says trembling in anger. Fuck, I remember that now... "You were hungry, so let's talk & eat, yeah?" I say & help Dave sit up.

I bring a desk & chair over. I sit across from Dave as I set the food out onto the desk. "YES, nuggets & fries for life!" Dave cheers as he shoves a waffle fry in his mouth. "I thought I was your life..." I say with sadness. "You are my world, sweetie." Dave says & continues to eat happily. "Karen decided to stalk me after you & I kissed after lunch that day. It got to the point where she broke into my home, so I had to change locks. She tried to kill me that same day too. All because she-"    "Wanted me." I say with steel in my words. "When will she learn her fucking place? I AM GAY, FOOL!" I say & pop a McDonald's nugget in my mouth.

Dave sputters out laughing, then my phone goes off. *ding*  *ding*  *ding* "Look who's Mr. Popular." Dave says & eats a nugget. I scan the text ID's. 

Unknown: Hi! It's Mike from McDonald's...

Unknown: Kai, correct? It's Bryan...

Unknown: Hiya, It's Lena!

"Who are they?" Dave says as he leans in to get a better look at the names. "Just people I met today at McDonald's & Chick-Fil-A's. They wanted my number & so I gave it to them." I respond & lock my screen & eat another chicken nugget with Sweet & Sour Sauce. "O-oh... okay." Dave says hesitantly & slowly sips on the cup of Sprite. I grab the Sprite & take a gulp. "I have no interest in leaving you or cheating on you. No intentions. They wanted my number because I was handsome... & will quickly lose interest once they find out I'm gay & taken by you, aka, best boyfriend." I declare & Dave takes the Sprite away & drinks. Dave smiles & holds my hand.

"Want me to kill her?" Dave chokes on the drink. I go over & pat his back, trying to calm him down. "W-what?" He sputters. "Karen, want me to kill her? I don't mind killing someone for you." I look down at him. "Please don't." Dave says & looks up at me. "I respect your decision, but why? She almost killed you!" I exclaim & sit back down across from him. "She's got a new interest. A guy named Steven. He's on the football team, so I'm glad she finally moved on from us. No need to kill her." He casually tells me & eats two french fries. "Okay. If you say so!" I say cheerfully & continue to eat our lunch

We finish lunch a little after 12:10 p.m. We clean up & I carry Dave to the Lexus. "Since we finished packing & moving your stuff, we can sell all the other items & get some money. Only if you want to do it. Just an idea to think about. Anyway, I'm going to lock your house up, so stay here; I'll be right back. Do you want me to put the key in the pot again?" He nods & adjusts the seat so he's lying down. I close the door & return to the front door of his house. I lock the top & bottom locks & I bury the key into the dirt of the potted plant. I fix the dirt so it looks untouched. "Done." I say to myself & go to the car.

I open the door & start the engine. 12:16 p.m. I crank the heaters up for Dave's sake. "You know, you don't need to use the heaters. We can just go without them. I know how you are with heat, so I won't mind, plus, it's not even that cold." Dave says & stares into my silver orbs. "Awh, you're looking out for me... It's honestly fine, I want you to be warm. I'll be okay with the heat." I respond & start driving back home. 12:18 p.m. Ten minutes pass by & we're back at my- no, our place. I already feel light-headed. God... I can't handle heat these days... Fuck. 12:29 p.m. I quickly park the car & exit the vehicle. I jumble with the keys to unlock the front door.