When Good Girl's Get Caught

~~Prologue~~

My mom and dad were out, again as usual.  There dedication to there work left them travel bound for days, months, years on end, but that was all fine by me.  No-one to to tell me what to do, when to do it and how.  I lived by my own rules.

5 days into the Christmas holidays, my parents not home as usual I texted my best friend Elle and arranged to meet up.  I'd been cooped up in the house with the flu but was feeling in the mood for a bit "fun".  I decided to leave my keys as it was most likely I wouldn't be coming home tonight and I would just loose them. I'd just have to come through the window. I hurried outside and got on my black and red Harley-Davidson Motor bike and revved the engine.

***

20 minutes later I was in downtown New York, searching for Elle in the dark alleyways.  A few guys turned and winked at me, most probably because I was dressed like a slut. 

You can't judge me, I've had no good influences in my life and I've done as I've pleased.  I pulled down the back of my leather miniskirt which just covered my butt and hugged my biker jacket closer to my body in the cold breeze of New York in the winter.

"Oi RORY" I heard my name being shouted.  I turned and spotted Elle, black tight jeans with a red leather jacket.  Her bright red and black died hair styled into an  up do, I could see the tip of a new tattoo just on the outside of her wrist and took in the new piercing on her nose. 

"Hey Elle, you're looking hot" I winked at her. She laughed and brought me in for a hug.

"You look amazing too Rori, is that a new piercing?" she asked, pointing to the two cartilage piercings on my right ear.  I had currently, 3 piercings on my ear lobes (both) 2 cartilages on my right ear, 1 bar on my left ear and a thin ring on my lip and a small stud going through my left eyebrow.

"Yep, you like?"

"it looks great!! Look Rori" she came close and muttered quietly under her breath "My cousin works in a tattoo bar down the road, she can do us another one."

"Seriously! Let's go, like NOW" I said and she grinned dragging me along behind her.

The thing is you see, I'm 17.  Illegal driver and what not.  But I don't really care, I don't care if people look down on me, even if it is the freaking law. I looked down at my wrist where a tattoo of a music stave with the stave lines sprouted of into thorny roses and the notes as ear buds and smiled to myself.  These little acts of rebellion made me feel ... alive.

We rounded the corner into a little grubby tatt bar.  Elle went round the back to talk to her cousin while I sat down and flicked through the tattoo idea brochures.

"sick hair" a deep voice said beside me.  I jumped a little but soon composed myself.  My hair had highlights of electric blue in them, accentuating my dark brown hair colour.  I chose the colour as it clashed with my green and blue eyes.

I turned to look at the voice sitting next to me.  He had bright green hair and an eyebrow piercing as well as ear piercings.  I noticed the tatts on his fingers and his long legs, on which he wore the tightest black skinny jeans and a leather jacket.  He looked bad-ass.

"Cheers, it's new"

He smirked and looked down at my brochure.

"You decided what you want?"

I nodded. "It's not in this brochure though" I shut the brochure and fumbled in my pocket and found my small notebook.  I quickly skipped through the pages of my sketches and ink designs until I came across the one I wanted.

It was a deep ink design of a butterfly, wings stretched out with swirls and patterns around it.  However, in the wings there were tears and holes.

"that's, that's an amazing drawing." he muttered, still gazing intently at the picture. I nodded slowly.  Drawing was my hobby, not the stupid art classes at school but the real art with meaning. Sketches, ink drawings and prints.  It was my get away.

" The butterfly symbolizes that even the most beautiful people have scars" I motioned to the rips in the butterfly's wings. "The butterfly also symbolizes me, my freedom but my dark scars" I shook my head to myself, why was I telling him this?

Just as I wondered this Elle came out, holding a disinfectant wipe to her shoulder where I could see the new tattoo of her boyfriends name peeking out.

"You're up" she winked at me. I turned around to say bye to the guy but he seemed to have left.

I shrugged and walked into the ink room.

***

2 hours later the design was complete on the back of my neck, it still stung from the long and painfull procedure but it was worth it.  I walked back to the waiting room clutching the wipe to my neck.  Elle, was sitting there talking to this goth looking girl.  I went to the counter and paid and beckoned Elle to come with me. 

As we rounded the corner 2 big burly police officers bumped into us.  I quickly let my hair fall to cover the tatt from them but they noticed my wince as my hair brushed the sore skin.

"What are you two girls doing here?" he asked, then he turned me around and looked at the tatt on my neck. "I'm going to need to see some ID girls, you both look under aged to have a tattoo." he sighed.  I sent a quick glance to Elle and simultaneously we kicked the officers in the nuts and ran down the street Elle jumped in her car and whizzed of.  I could hear the officers behind me so I sprinted to my motorbike and tried to rev the engine.

It wouldn't start.

I tried again and again but it wouldn't start.

Great, just great.

They both came up to me on either side and yanked me of my bike. I groaned under my breath.

"We are arresting you on Illegal driving, underage tattoos and assaulting a police officer." The other policer officer shoved a tube in my mouth and told me to breath.

I groaned again as I realized it was a Breathalyzer and remembered the 3 beers I'd drunk this morning. "And for underage drinking" the officer stated.

"Can I take your name." he asked, I wondered about giving a fake one, but then if they found out I'd lied I might've been in even bigger trouble.

"Rori- Rorianna Whitters" I muttered, thinking now would be the right time to use my formal name.

The policeman almost did a double take and I swear his eyes bulged.

"w-what, the Rori Whitters whose parents are billionairs" I sighed as I hated people mentioning those people as my parents.

"Yes, are we going to the station or what?" I snapped angry as I wanted to pay and get busted out as soon as possible!

"Miss Whitters, are you aware you are already on your 3rd warning and will have to be taken to court?"

I actual was aware of this but it'd had slipped my mind.  I never thought I'd have to get into this situation as I never get caught.

"w-w-what?"

"You won't be going home for a while young lady" he smirked at me. I groaned yet again, I was really stuck in this one. 

I unwillingly got in their car.

"oh, hey there?" a voice said next to me.

"I never got your name" he said.  I looked and realized it was the dude from the tatt bar.  I thought for a moment. 'was it him that ratted on us being there' and then realized he was handcuffed too.

"Rori" I replied.