18 | TRIGGER

I woke up and it was night time.

I thought that I'd have slept for a good few hours but no- I sleep throughout the entire afternoon. And by the time I woke up, Taehyung was already rushing me out the door for dinner.

We went to some fancy restaurant upstate and I ordered the largest bowl of pasta I could manage to find. All this conniving really made me exhausted, not to mention that I was also emotionally stressed over Taehyung finding out about what happened.

Food was my only resort.

"Consider this your last meal," I whisper to myself.

"What was that?" He asks, still flipping through the menu.

I shake my head. "Nothing."

He places his order and we wait for it to arrive. In the meanwhile, Taehyung stays on his phone the entire time- something he doesn't usually do. He was strict on the idea of not having phones at the dinner table, especially back at home.

I took out my phone to see if he'd react.

Taehyung glances at me for a second before brushing it off and looking back at his phone, face looking more sullen than before.

Yeah, there was definitely something wrong with him.

"Are you okay?" I ask nervously.

He looks up at me for a split second. "You care?" He scoffs.

"I was just wondering," I say.

It goes silent before my phone starts to ring, the caller ID nearly giving me a heart attack when it flashes across the screen. I immediately get out of my seat and make a run for the bathroom, looking around to check if any of the guards were following. I then shut the bathroom door closed and answered the call.

"So, do we have a deal?" I grin, impatiently awaiting for his whereabouts.

A small chuckle appears on the other end. "You think you can fool me with fake documents?"

Fake?

What the fuck does he mean by-

Oh no.

"Are you fucking with me?" I ask.

"I should be the one asking that," he says.

There's a knock on the door and I jump in response, nearly dropping my phone. "I'll call you back," I say.

"Ara?" Taehyung's voice is muffled behind the door.

If the document is fake then...

Taehyung must have known and planted it there, otherwise why would the EXACT thing I was looking for be conveniently on his desk for me to take. Was he tapping into my phone calls as well? How the he'll did he find out?

Why hasn't he done anything yet?

Maybe he's planning something...

Shit shit shit.

I need to get out of here.

I unlock the door and open it, finding him looking right at me. I stand there, breathless and scared out of my mind. Taehyung has a blank expression and looks almost oblivious to what was going on- but I couldn't exactly say that. He was always one step ahead of me.

He surprisingly takes me by my hand and walks me back out to the dinner table. I look down at our hands intertwined with one another and almost feel at ease with the warmth of our palms together. Taehyung presses his hands on my shoulders and seats me down before taking his seat beside me.