Prologue

"Its Aristotleo Cahel Jimenez."

Yup you read it right. My name is Aristotleo Cahel Lakas- makaPhilosophy-Color-weird-name Jimenez. Well my parents aren't philosophers tho. It just happens that my Dad loves philo, daming hugot sa buhay e and my mom, she's just into colours. She loves painting.

"How nice naman pala ng name mo, Sir. Hihi very unique."

"Thank you, but you can just call me Leoel. I prefer it that way." that's what my friends call me, anyway. Leoel pronounced as 'Lowel'. Actually lahat naman ata ng kakilala ko yan tawag sakin e, except for one.

"Hey Aris, let's go! Humahaba ng yung pila o, I still need to buy a book pa so stop flirting na okay?!" she stomped out of the fast-food chain and walked away. I just shrugged and winked at the girl on the counter before following her.

"It's KUYA LEOEL, Renea. Not Aris." I ruffled my sister's hair . Meet my lil sis, Renea Lilac Jimenez. Named after the Father of Modern Philosophy, Rene des Cartes and my mom's favorite color, Lilac.

"Psh, well it's NEA, Kuya. Not Renea. And pwede ba stop messing with my hair" Nea glared at me, bago binilisan ang paglalakad. Tsk. That girl. Taray. Manang-mana sa idol nya. Heart Lacsamana, an uprising teen author. Nea idolizes her so much, which I find odd. Why? Ang taray-taray naman non e, maarte pa. But wala e, she really loves her and now we're here to attend her book signing event. If I wasn't just a good eldest brother haays. 

I roamed my eyes around the bookstore packed with lots of teens, probably Heart's avid fans.

"Pila na ako, Kuya. You can come with me or roam around BUT! You can't leave me, okay?" Bilin ni Nea sakin. Nagsalute lang ako sa kanya and went to the upper deck of the bookstore. Kahit dito sa taas, Heart's books are also displayed. I picked a book which I find interesting "Tss. Heartless Heart."

I leaned on the glass banister. Tanaw ko dito si Nea na tuwang-tuwang nakapila while chatting with her co-fan. Naglakbay ang tingin ko sa pinakauna ng pila and there I saw the author smiling towards a fan while signing a book. I bit my inner cheek before smiling and read the title of her newest book on the tarp below.

"Hurt-less Heart."

***

Thank you for reading my story! 💜