V.

"Kuya?! Where you at nga kasi? Bat ang ingay? Are you partying again? Susumbong kita kina Mommy!"

Nailayo ko ang phone ko sa tainga ko. My sister is so loud. "Renea, relax okay? Haven't heard the word CHILL? Nasa Tilt ako, I'm with the boys." Napatingin sakin sina Iris na ngayon ay may kanya-kanya ng hawak na drinks.

"Tilt? Bakit di mo ko sinama? It's so boring here!" Nea continued her tantrums.

"Stop it Renea. You're still a minor. Isa pa, I'm just here to get your book signed." On cue, I saw Heart together with her friends entering the bar. Kararating lang nila. A lot of party people greeted them.

"Huh? Wait.. What?! Don't tell me Ate Heart is also there?!"

"Yup. I'll hang up now. Don't wait up. Bukas pag gising mo, you already have your book. Later, sis." I hung up and turned my phone off bago pa ako sigawan uli ni Nea.

"Alam mo pre, super hyper ng kapatid mo no? Where on heaven she's getting her energy by the way?" Maxwell chuckled before drinking his Bourbon.

"I agree with you pre, pero teka nga mga pre, Leoel tsaka ikaw Iris, magkaliwanagan nga tayo? Are you really going to pursue your ex lovers?" Nakatinginan kami ni Iris sa tanong ni Llyndon.

Iris smiled before offering a toast "Of course pre! There's no other way. For the success of Operation-balik-ex!" I can't help but smile too. For the success of healing our broken hearts. "CHEERS!"

After that toast, we talked for a bit. We jive to different squads inside the bar, but all this time my eyes are fix to only one lady. Heart.

She's enjoying the company of her girl friends including Madi, and it's a good thing they haven't noticed us yet. Maya maya pa the blast formally started. The crowd greeted Edward, gave him a cake, he made a wish, blew the candles, gave a short message and so on.

And then the crowd gone wild again! I saw Madisson and the other girls walking towards the dance floor while Heart is heading to the bar counter. Nagkatinginan kami ni Iris, we both nodded. It's time.

Naglakad ako palapit sa counter while Iris went the opposite direction. To Madisson. I sat a few stool away from Heart. She's talking to an I-don't-know-who piece of shit kaya hindi nya ako napansin. Huh mas gwapo naman ako dyan.

I waited for a few minutes, pero wala atang planong umalis ang gunggong na yon. So, when the arse is about to tap Heart's shoulder, I made my move.

"Ehem, looks like you guys are having fun huh? Ano pinag uusapan nyo?" I saw how Heart stiffen on her seat. Her smile died down and clenched her first.

"Oh! Leoel! The Great Aristotleo Jiminez! What's up bro!" nakipag shake hands pa sakin tong lokong to. Two things. Ang famous ko at ang feeling close nya. I accepted his hand and nodded in recognition.

"I'm just congratulating Heart on her new book. It's a big hit you know!" Mr. FC looked at Heart, but she just gave him an awkward smile. In all fairness ha, hinding hindi nya talaga ako nililingon.

"Yeah, well she's not only beautiful but also talented so no doubt that she became successful on her career." I proudly said while looking at Heart. Napainom sya sa sinabi ko. While yung epal, siguro narandaman nya yung tension sa atmosphere that's why nagpaalam na din sya sa amin. Dapat lang.

I seated a stool apart from Heart. Tumikhim sya at inikot ang stool paharap sa mismong counter. She ordered another glass of alcohol.

"Hi, Ms. Author! It's nice to see you again! Can I ask you a favor?" panimula ko, but she ignored me.

"Uhmm, well it's actually for Renea." I tried again. And there, her cold eyes met mine "What?" Inabot ko sa kanya yung book at pen, good thing nagkasya sya sa inside pocket ng jacket ko.

"Uhmm can you please sign this? Something happened to Nea's book so..." Hindi nya na ako pinatapos magsalita. She immediately signed the book.

Heart handed me the book without looking at me again. She ordered three more shots of vodka. Napakunot ang noo ko.

"Kailan ka pa naging heavy drinker?"
She's ignoring me again! Mabilis nyang ininom yung three shots of vodka before ordering another one.
The hell?!

When Heart's about to drink her vodka, I immediately stopped her. "Stop drinking." Nagpumilit pa rin sya but I tighten my grip on her glass. "I said stop drinking Hera Artemis!" She intently looked at me and glared bago padabog na binitawan ang baso. I deeply sighed before putting her drink away from her. What a great start.

"YOU!" I was startled when Heart suddenly pointed me out. She's now facing me and looks like she's beyond piss.

"Let's get this straight Aristotleo Cahel, mind your own business! Isa pa, I already gave you what you want so please get lost! I don't need you here and stop acting as if you care for me, cause it's making me sick."

She got off her seat but almost stumble on the process. Buti na lang at nahawakan ko sya kaso mukhang hindi nya yon nagustuhan. She pushed me hard before walking out. I followed her, baka mamaya mapano yon.

Pagkalabas ko ng bar I saw her sitting on the gutter, tulala. Tinabihan ko sya and put my jacket over her shoulder. Yes, there's no way I'm leaving her again.

"Sorry." as of the moment, it's the sincerest word I've ever spoken to her. Natawa sya, I thought she'll bitch out again pero nanatili syang tahimik. Napabuntong hininga ako.

"I know I hurted you big time, Gago ako oo. But... what I did was for your own good. Ang gusto ko lang naman noon ay maging successful ka, I know how you badly want to win that contest. It will be your stepping stone so-"

"I know." Huh? Anong alam nya?

"I know, and yes a part of me is thankful. But please, just please Leoel, " She looked at me with a sad smile and one by one, her tears started to fall. "Stay away from me."

Tumayo sya at ibinalik sa akin ang jacket ko. I was lost of words, confused of what she said. She left me dumbfounded and all I can do is to just stare at her while walking back to the bar.

***

Thank you for reading my story! 💜