I.

Aristotleo Cahel

'I was once full of love. I gave him more than I have. But in return, I received less than I deserve. I lost my heart over a worthless man. And for that I became a heartless human.'

I silently read Heart's book while waiting for my sister. Not the whole story tho. I just skimmed the book. So she's really broken because of that jerk huh? I pouted and returned the book to the shelf. Out of curiosity, yung new book nya naman ang kinuha ko.

"If Heartless Heart is all about, Heart being broken hearted, what about this Hurt-less Heart? Is it about her, moving forward?" mahinang tanong ko sa sarili ko while playing with the book's pages.

"Oo Kuya, it's about her, starting anew."

"Geez, Renea! You scared the hell out of me!" I shouted at my sister na bigla-bigla na lang sumulpot sa tabi ko. Napahawak pa ako sa puso ko sa gulat.

"Hahaha ang benta ng reaction mo Aris! Best actor!" my brat sister just laughed frantically at me, I pricked her forehead to bring her back to her senses.

"KUYA ARIS!!!"

"Hahaha ang benta ng reaction mo Renea! Best actress!" I mocked her to piss her off. And it worked, dahil hinampas nya ang triceps ko. Duh as if it hurts.

"Nakakainis ka kuya!"

"What? You started this." inirapan lang ako ni Nea bago nagsimulang maglakad. I just shrugged bago sya sinundan. Pagkababa namin ay nakita kong konti na lang ang nakapila kay Heart. I guess the book signing event is almost done.

"Hey, Kuya. Are you buying that, or what?" Nea asked which I don't understand. Nginuso nya yung hawak ko and that's when I realised na hawak ko pa rin pala yung book ni Heart.

"Oh.." I shrugged and went to the cashier. Walang pasabi kong binayadan yung libro at binalikan ang kapatid ko.

"Wow! You bought it huh? Are you a fan now? Lika pa-sign din natin kay Ate Heart yan!" My sister dragged me to the line. Like what I've said ay konti na lang ang nakapila, at kami na ang pinaka-last.

"Why did you bought it anyway?" curious na tanong sa akin ni Nea. Nagkibit-balikat lang ako. Bakit nga ba? Maybe because I'm also curious?

"Hi Ate Heart!" Nea gave her sweetest smile to the author in front of us.
"Oh it's you again, Nea!" ngumiti si Heart sa kapatid ko then she suddenly saw me. Biglang naglaho ang ngiti nya, pinanlakihan ko sya ng mata, with that mocking smile. Tumikhim sya bago ngumiti ng pilit.

"Hi, Ms. Author! I'm a fan. Can you sign this please." sabi ko sabay abot nung book ko.

Walang imik nyang tinanggap ang libro, sinulatan tapos pinirmahan ito, "Thank you for coming and of course for buying my book." she handed me the book.

"Nice work, I liked the first book, by the way." padarang nyang nabitawan ang pen na hawak nya. She looked at me as if she's going to cry.

My sister noticed it and asked Heart, "Uhmm Ate are you okay? Is there something wrong?" Umiling lang si Heart bago ngumiti.
"Yeah I'm fine, napagod lang siguro. Anyway, thank you for coming!"

"Thank you din Ate! We'll leave now so you can have your rest. See you next time Ate Heart!" Nakipagbeso pa muna si Nea kay Heart before waving her hand goodbye and walked away. Kita mo yon, iniwan na naman ako.

"Ano pa hinihintay mo? Leave." Mataray nyang sabi sakin. I patted her head before leaving. "Take care." She looked stunned pfft, she should be. Umalis na ako bago pa sya magwala don at sa van na talaga kami nagkita ni Nea. Really huh? She left me all the way!

"Ang tagal mo naman Kuya!" She said while I'm settling myself inside the car.

"You're the one who left me, by the way. Tss. Tara na Kuya Ramon." Agad pinaandar ng driver namin ang van. Yup we're with our driver. Wala ako sa mood magdrive.

"I thought you were just behind me. Duh Kuya!" Sabi naman sakin ni Nea. I put my index finger on my lips and motioned her to shut up. She made face and fished her phone. I deeply exhaled before openning Heart's book. Hindi ko mapigilang hindi mapangiti when I read her dedication to me.

'Dear Mr. Jimenez, Thanks but no thanks for coming! It wasn't so nice meeting you again! Hope not to see you anymore, Jerk!

Hate, Heart'

***

Thank you for reading my story! 💜