Chapter 10

Erik took my hand and lead me down the hallway an in front of his forbidden door. I looked at the black door remembering when I entered.
"Christine, I'm allowing you to enter with me. I need to show you something that will impact everything."
I nodded and gripped his hand.
He slowly opened the door and a sudden burst of light filled the room. I gasped as all the candles lit themselves as we entered.
"It's alright."
He said softly and I nodded.
He walked with me in the room and closed the door behind us. As I turned to face him he pulled my body to his and kissed me passionately. I gasped at this sudden act of love but kissed him back in return. He pulled away and stepped around me. He walked to his desk and slowly traced his fingers around the old book I read when I came here the first time.
"I know you came here Christine."
He said facing away from me.
"You know the rules. You disobeyed them, so you must be punished."
I looked at my feet.
"Who told you I came here?"
"No one. I figured it out myself."
"How?"
"My diary was opened to the page when I first confessed my love for you. I did not leave it like that, and the maids are not allowed in here. I connected the dots with your curious nature, it had your name written all over it."
"What is my punishment Monsieur?"
He turned to me.
"Why do you call me that. Less than a minute ago you called me by my name."
"I'm afraid of my punishment."
He laughed and walked around until he was behind me.
"My dear I think you'll like this if you agree to it. I will not do this sort of punishment if you do not agree, instead it will be helping the maids clean."
"Please explain what my option is."
"I will play for you my Don Juan. The music that a innocent soul like you could never handle. And I show you my face. My true appearance."
My head quickly looked up and my eyes met his.
"I choose the first option Erik."
"Will you agree to my terms?"
"What are they?"
He leaned to where his lips were by my ear.
"I shall touch you anyway I wish. You will give your soul to me as you listen to my music. And you shall not leave this room until daylight tomorrow. Understood?"
"Yes I agree.."
"Good."
His hands quickly caressed my waist and hips. I gasped feeling completely vulnerable to him. He kissed my neck softly then pulled away from me to sit at his piano.
"Sing."
He said not as a option but a demand.
I quickly sang the words of his opera and felt my heart and soul leave my body. I was singing only for him and the only thing keeping me alive was his music. All the love I thought I had for him completely filled me and my Mind, body, and soul was finally his. I belonged to him. There was nothing he could do to me that would make me want to leave him.
I finished the song and looked into his eyes. He stood in front of me and gazed into my eyes almost like he was looking for something.
I quickly embraced him with a passion and hungry kiss. He kissed me back and I started to unbutton his vest. He pulled away before I could finish and held my shoulders.
"Erik whatever you did to me worked. I want nothing more than to be with you forever."
I said breathlessly. He smiled and stepped back.
He put his hand up to his mask and asked, "Are you positive about this?"
I nodded and watched him pull off his mask.
Half of his face was scared, deformed, bloody, and swollen. It hurt me to see how much people treated him in his past. This poor man has gone through so much. He needs love, he needs me.
I brought my hand up to caress his deformity. Tears slowly rolled down his cheeks and I kissed him sweetly.
"I love you."
I said after pulling away.
He quickly embraced me with a hug and cried on my shoulder.
"Christine I believe you. I love you too, so much it's not possible to describe. You are perfect, you are enough. How did I get so lucky in this cruel world?"
"You have me now all of me. I'm never leaving. Anywhere you go let me go with you. I love you with everything and you are perfect in my world. And that's all I need."
He kissed me slowly and laid me on the bed.
"Sleep my darling. We have a big day planned tomorrow."
"Why?"
"Tomorrow we travel to America! The world of wonders!"