45

the sound of her name being called out by a familiar voice made her head raise from watching her phone. looking over where the voice came from, she suspected right. it is him. hwang hyunjin.

but the pain in her heart still lingers somewhere there. forgiving is the last option she desires for both of them.

"do you know him?" her boyfriend, yoshihiro azuma asked her in japanese. as an heir of azuma inc., he was tasked to be multilingual. english, chinese, greek were next to japanese.

knowing everyone around knew korean, she said "no" in korean and faced her phone once again.

the simple word hits hyunjin's heart with a large pang. it is unbelievable yet unquestionable. like a boomerang he deserves. after all he did, he doesn't deserve to be known by someone he hurt so bad before. knowing that he should have been the one who apologized before she did. but he was stubborn and childish.

[14 months ago]

after the night minji messaged him how he should not like her, hyunjin still had the guts to reach for her hand the time he saw her walking to class.

"minji~" he cooed as he grabbed her fleshy arm.

throwing an unpleasant look to him, hyunjin still continued after minji retrieved her arm from him as if disgusted.

"are you a keyboard?" he smiled sheepishly, unable to control his grins.

not replying, minji only looked at him from head to toe and rolled her eyes as the last word slipped from the boy's mouth.

"because you're my type."

her upper lip moved a flinch before rolling her eyes at the boy trying his hard.

"first of all, ew. that is so common and i hate it. you have such bad tastes, hyunjin. i thought you were smarter." for minji, these words really hurt him bad that made her regret those words.

however, hyunjin did not like it when he heard "bad tastes" it hurt him bad, yes. but her words after hers brought pain to minji than what he received.

"you know what? i am so tired of following you around. you think you're so pretty just because i follow you everywhere you go." his voice trembled.

"well i didn't ask you to chase me around, right? and who do you think you are? some heartthrob?" she defended.

hyunjin grew more fury.

"i am a heartthrob, missy! and you're right. i really have bad tastes thanks for letting me know. it's such a bad taste to pick you over the sexy and pretty girls around this school. that was such a bad taste, and i regret doing that now. i hate you."

piercing words were left dangling in minji's heart. these were the words that will keep hanging on to her.

[back to present]

remembering the same words that hyunjin said a year ago, minji grinned a little knowing that he regretted things now.

the things he said about choosing sexy girls instead of the old minji was something that backfored to him. is he even worthy to be forgiven?