Chapter 3

Lindsey was anxious for Kristen to leave the house. They were going out for the weekend for Valentine's Day/Their Anniversary and he knew that she would be gone all day. He wanted to see Stevie and give her something for Valentine's Day this morning even though he knew he would be waking her up. He didn't want her to spend the day thinking he didn't care. He stopped off and got her a few pink roses to go with the necklace he had gotten her. He was finally at her house and not surprised at all when he entered her house and it was silent. I was 9:30 and there was no way Stevie was going to be up. He didn't mind, it was just all more of a surprise. He put her flowers and necklace on her bedside table and crawled over the top of her to wake her. She sighed quietly when his kisses began to wake her. "Good morning to me." she said sleepily. Lindsey laughed. "I'd say it's a good morning. Happy Valentine's Day baby, I love you." he told her gently. She couldn't help the guilt that was building up in her chest about kissing Robert. It wasn't so much that the actual act of kissing him bothered her, which it did, but the fact that she wouldn't mind doing it again. Lindsey could sense the change in her mood and looked at her questioningly. She didn't want him to be suspicious. She quickly moved on top of him and made love to him. It was passionate and it was desperate. Everything that Stevie was at this point. 

"I have something for you." he told her a little later. "Aww, Linds you didn't have to do that." she said. "Of course I did." he replied showing her the flowers and handing her the jewelry box. She opened it and gasped at the beautiful sapphire necklace inside. "Oh Lindsey, it's beautiful!" she gushed. "Thank you, I love you!" she said before kissing him with her thanks. He smiled at her lovingly. It made her feel all the worse about her feelings regarding Robert. She did her best to be perfectly sweet and pleasant to Lindsey the whole time he was there, feeling like it might somehow make up for her betrayal. She didn't complain at all when he told her he had to leave, she kissed him goodbye and told him she loved him. She sat on the bed for a few minutes collecting her thoughts, knowing she could get a shower. Karen burst in shortly and said, "Well now that lover boy is gone I can bring these up. Who would have sent them?" Stevie took the huge vase of roses from her hands. She immediately went to look for a card but it didn't reveal the sender, it just read Happy Valentine's Day! Dinner at 8? She had an idea of who they were from though. Stevie sighed, she was confused but honestly appreciative of Robert's thoughtfulness. He really was a sweet guy. She couldn't help but think about how tenderly he had kissed her. She felt her cheeks grow warm. "Earth to Stevie?" Karen's voice broke through. "So who are they from?" she asked again. Stevie didn't meet her eyes, acting like she was preoccupied. "I don't know, the card didn't say." Stevie said, feigning innocence. "Oh bullshit." Karen told her before ripping the card from her hand. Her eyes narrowed at Stevie. "There may be no name on here but I know you know Stevie. Some random person isn't going to take you to dinner." she said. Stevie shook her head. "I need to take a shower, I've been up for too long without one." she said. "I'm not going to let it go Stevie." Karen warned. Stevie nodded, she knew far too well that Karen wouldn't let it go. 

Stevie took her time in the shower trying to rationalize her feelings. She loved Lindsey but she rarely had Lindsey. She was along more often than not and he expected her to live this life until his kids were all out of high school. What was so wrong with Stevie having someone in her life? Isn't that what Lindsey did? He still slept with Kristen, lived a normal family life, she was his official relationship. Why couldn't Stevie have someone to spend her time with as well. Nothing would change with Lindsey except that she would be in the same situation as he was in. She thought that might not be a bad thing for Lindsey and his ego anyway. It wouldn't hurt anything for him to realize she wasn't just sittng around for whenever he wanted. She wasn't trying to get married or anything. She just wanted to have someone to spend some time with. If it was ok for Lindsey then she knew Lindsey would have no winning argument. He would be mad but what did he expect her to do? Sit at home for nine years? She decided that she would just play things out and see where it went. She was having fun and at her age she felt she deserved it.