Chapter 8

Lindsey started things out slowly Stevie. He was being kinder toward her. It was easier to work on mending their relationship when they weren't around Kristen and Robert. She was beginning to warm up to him. They were interacting on stage again. He was happy she didn't pull away when he grabbed her onstage. She was letting him come around again but he was a little frustrated that she was refusing to sleep with him. This was what they were best at! He knocked on her door that night, bottle of wine in his hand and was pleasantly surprised that she was in her nightgown. Maybe he would have a chance tonight. "Hi Lindsey, come in." she told him. "You look great Stevie." he told her while raising his eyebrows. "Lindsey..." she warned. "Oh come on Stevie, you know I can't help it. You are just so appealing to me." he told her, trying to charm her. She rolled her eyes and took the wine out of his hands and poured them into two glasses. Lindsey sat down close to her on the couch and put his arm around her. Stevie closed her eyes, willing herself to calm down. She wasn't going to let Lindsey hurt her like he had been doing. If she slept with him then she was basically saying everything was ok and it wasn't. He couldn't just get mad at her for doing exactly what he did and then treat her so badly. She didn't have to put up with it. Robert had never treated her that way. She knew that Lindsey was no closer to being with her all the time like she needed. It hurt but it wasn't new to their situation. Her ran his fingers along her arm and she couldn't help but shiver. Lindsey's touch was something it was very hard for her to resist. Compounded by the fact that she was lonely lately didn't help. Besides the obvious fact that nothing could change the way she loved Lindsey. He felt her shiver and decided to push the boundaries a bit. He moved her hair aside and kissed her neck, knowing it was something she usually couldn't ever resist. "Lindsey..." she said trying to warn him but it came out as a sigh instead. He knew he had to keep going before she could get herself together enough to resist him. He moved his lips down to her chest sliding the straps of her night gown off of her shoulder. He carried her over to the bed trying to slide her night gown off of her body. Stevie was so overwhelmed by the intensity of how he made her feel that she hadn't been thinking about what was happening. She opened her mouth to tell him to stop but he covered her mouth with a passionate kiss. It was almost spine tingling possessive. She looked into his eyes and they were smoldering. She melted underneath them and began to love him equally. She poured all of her emotions into their passionate moment. Her anger, hurt, jealousy, confusion, disappointment, all compound by her love for him. It was always the most predominant emotion. Her made her look at him as she screamed out his name in release. He wanted to know she saw him when she felt this way. He followed shortly afterward and laid beside her pulling her close to him, arms wrapped possessively around her. Stevie was exhausted and lie there next to him not allowing herself to think about what she had just done. The moment was broken when Lindsey's phone started ringing. He let go of her and got up to answer it, walking into the bathroom to talk. She knew it was Kristen. This moment only reminded her of how nothing had really changed. She made love to him and then she was alone. She was surprised to hear her phone ringing but she knew it was Robert. She sighed when that guilty feeling washed over her. "Hi, you're up late." she told him. "I know, I just hadn't talked to you today and wanted to make sure your day had been good." he told her. She hesitated for a moment when she heard Lindsey ending his phone call and stood up to walk out on the balcony before he said anything. "Oh, it was fine. How was yours?" she said, knowing she wasn't making very good conversation. Lindsey watched her walk out onto the balcony. God they really were doing the exact same thing to the other. This was a hard thing. "You sure everything is ok Stevie? You seem a little distant." he told her. She was never good at hiding anything but she wasn't going to tell him anyone of this. "I'm fine, just really tired tonight for some reason. I guess the tour is starting to catch up me." she lied. "Ok, well I'll call you tomorrow then? You should get some sleep." he told her. She opened the door and started back into her suite. "Yes, please do. I love you too." she told him. Lindsey was immediately there with his arms around her. "You have no idea how much I hate that." he told her. She gave him a puzzled look. "Hearing you say that to someone else." he explained. "Let's not do this tonight. It's been a good night, let's go to bed." she told him. "I can stay?" he asked. She hadn't been letting him. "Yes, I just want you to hold me." she told him. He readily agreed and they went to sleep.