Sound And Silence

It's not that I missed going out on missions, I miss the adrenaline it gives me.

Load and behold I was an adrenaline junkie. Staying at headquarters sucked ass. Im basically living off the light from the basement and Pete's social interaction.

I kicked Patrick out of the basement and practically begged the boys to let their training area to go upstairs.

I heard the stairs creek as someone applied pressure on them. I staid still on the couch not curious as to who it is.

I know you're awake.

I stayed still. Keeping my eyes trained on the pattern the old couch had.

I brought you take out?

I didn't budge.

Go away

"Come on Ju, you need to eat."

He sighed. I heard a plastic bag being rummaged through and took a whiff of my favorite food.

"I know but there's no point," I turned to face him.

He had a box of take out in one hand and chopsticks in the other.

"Please Ju? I even got you some pot stickers,"

I attempted to smile at his kindness.

"I'll eat only if you take me to the hotel?"

He pondered on my deal.

He nodded and handed me my take out. I opened the box and looked at the rice and orange chicken. I grabbed a brown paper bag and took the rest of my food.

I broke my chopsticks in half and started to eat.

"Patrick regrets his decision," he spoke after chewing his food.

My ears perked up at the words and gave me hope that I could go on missions again. He smiled tho his smile was a reassuring smile.

"He's not changing his mind."

He nodded briefly.

We ate silently. Well I ate silently, Pete had to put up with the thoughts floating around the headquarters.

"Patrick can suck my dick if he thinks I'm staying here," I laugh at my challenge.

Pete found my statement amusing.

"Where would you go?"

I thought about this.

Where would I go?

"Anywhere but here," I ate some rice.

As he ate he looked at me with pure admiration. Just the way his eyes sparked up with joy as he just watched me. They traced and discovered something I could never admire. His head tilt a bit to the left whenever he enjoyed a moment.

"I love you," he chuckled as he threw me an air kiss.

I laughed at his stupidity and returned it back.

It got quiet but somehow our actions made it comfortable.

"I really do love you."

I gave a small smile. It was those that you gave to let them know you acknowledge them but also really appreciate the gesture. It was my honey glaze smile as Pete puts it.

I don't know what he means by honey glaze but he never lets me forget it.

"What are you listening to?"

"Maneat-"

"SHES A MANEATER! Oh-Oh, HERE SHE COMES! WATCH OUT BOY, SHE'LL CHEW YOU UP!"

I laughed and threw a pillow at him. He caught it in time and let it fall to the floor.

The stairs creaked as someone ran down them. I looked to my side and found Joe sweating.

"Patrick went out with Andy," he swiped some of my food and sat on the floor next to the coffee table.

I looked at Pete with a side glance just as he did.

"So I suggest if you want out, leave now."

He kept eating my food. Basically devouring it without chewing. Jeez Patrick must be starving him. Even tho I cared about his health very much, I swatted his hand away from my food.

He laughed and stole some from Pete.

"We can go to the hotel for a while just until I can find new headquarters. My dad mentioned a place near Le Showcase and I want to check it out to see if dandies haven't infested it."

Pete nodded and put his trash into the bag. I did the same and looked at Joe. He gave me a small smile.

"Patrick is going to kill me."

We all laughed.

I could be blowing this way out of proportion but so was he.