Chapter 3

I woke up to the screaming of Alex running down the hallway. This is basically almost how I always wake up. It doesn't matter if it's a school day or not, it has to do with Alex screaming or jumping on top of me. One or the other is basically how I'm woken every day. Today was a screamer.

"ALEX SHUT THE FU-" I was cut off by my mom walking into my room.

"Allison I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you," she scolded me and then walked over toward me with a frown on her face, "did you just wake up?"

"Yes why?" I slammed my face into the pillow because I had the worst headache ever. I don't remember anything last night with the boys. I just remember coming home because that's when I started to sober up. I do remember Luke bringing me home and I gave him a kiss on the cheek, a friendly one.

"It's almost two in the afternoon, I thought you were used to the time by now?" my mom questioned, but before I could answer she continued, "Did you drink last night?"

"Um no," I tried my attempt at a lie. Let's just see how this goes, "But Ashton did. Do I smell like alcohol or something? Oh my gosh mom, I haven't changed or showered that why. I'll do that right now." I hopped out of bed thinking I got away with it until she gripped onto my sweater flinging me backwards back onto my bed.

"I don't think so," She frowned, "your breath smells like alcohol, not just your clothes." She raised an eyebrow at me, "Now I'm going to ask you again, did you drink last night?"

"Yes," I gave in now because I hated lying and liars. If I lie, the guilt eats me alive until I tell someone. I don't know why, it's just lying isn't good and I hate it.

"Five days," My mom said before leaving my room.

"You said I wasn't grounded!" I ran out of my room to follow her down the hall. I can't believe she would ground me after the fact. It doesn't work like that. Once you find me in the act, you ground me then, not almost twelve hours later.

"That was before I knew about you drinking," my mom stated. She was about to turn around, but I stopped her.

"I only drink at parties or when I go out. Mom you let me drink at parties, what's the difference now! I mean yeah I was with two guys, but you let me go and one has a girlfriend and the other hasn't tried anything to make me think I shouldn't trust them. I shouldn't be grounded now, I should've been grounded when I went to that party and woke up in a driveway with Jake!" I only brought up that to let my mom unground me. My points were valid.

"Fine, but you aren't going anywhere today," My mom said rolling her eyes at me, "And maybe tomorrow if you don't help out today."

"That's fair enough. I did come home late," I sighed, "thanks mommy." I sang before running back into my room. I heard her laugh at me. I always did that when she let me get off the hook, I figured I might as well thank her by calling her mommy. She always loved it and when I stopped calling her that she broke out into tears.

The least I can do is call her that now when I'm happy with her. In all actuality, she a cool mom. I have a cool mom and a cool Tom.

Okay that was really funny, I didn't even realize that until now.

Anyways, they both let me do things and they trust me more than I'd expect them too. I mean it's not like I've done something for them not to trust me. They know everything I do and apparently they are okay with it. I'm definitely not complaining.

I quickly took a shower trying to get rid of the disgusting feeling of having the smell of alcohol all over you. After I got out, I wrapped my body in a towel and towel dried my hair. Since I wasn't going anywhere today I decided to go with a pair of soccer shorts and one of my many t-shirts that I've won over the course of fourteen years.