Ch//21 Why Would it be that Important?

As I was walking out the school I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. It was Brynn.

Bry
Hey, you didn't come to my locker?!

Kenz
I didn't see you there

Bry
Oh, well I'll see you in 3rd period!

Kenz
No you won't.

Bry
What?! Why?!

Kenz
Because I just left the school and I'm on my way home 

Bry
Did something happen between you and Johnny?

Kenz
No Brynn. I just don't want to be there right now!

Bry
Ok! Jeez! I didn't mean to upset you

Kenz
Sorry, I just got a lot on my mind. I'll talk to you later.

Bry
Ok! Ly❤️😭

I continued on the side walk towards my house. I feel as if I'm acting out. But it didn't really matter to me, my mom would be at work right now. And hopefully my sister is not home. Imagine how horrible that would be.

When I reach my house, the door is unlocked. Which is unusual because Maddie always locks it back when she comes home. Oh God! Is there a burglar!?

I walk inside slowly and set my bag down on the floor. I grabbed one of the kitchen knifes that was for some weird reason, left out on the counter. I tip-toed to the living room. I didn't expect to see anyone, but guess I was wrong.

First I saw my mom, then Maddie, then Johnny's mom?! Oh! And also Johnny! Like what the hell, were they planning a cult!? I set the knife down loudly on the counter, as I let out a sigh of relief.

Glad I got their attention. "Mackenzie! Your supposed to be at school!" Mommy Mel yells. Johnny's eyes widened when he sees me. "And your supposed to be at work" She bites her lip and looks at Maddie.

I cross my arms. My mother needs to do a better job at disciplining her children. "Mackenzie, why are you home?!" I smirk "I could ask you the same thing." She looks shocked.

"Mackenzie! Why are you home early on a school day!" Oops, someone's mad. I could tell her that I left because I wanted to, or I could make up a lie. "I left because I wasn't feeling well, I threw up on my way here." That should be convincing enough.

"Oh, ok. Here let me get you some theraflu" My mom walks past me and runs up the steps. I casually go and sit down at the chairs near the counter. Maddie looks at me like she wants something.

I squint my eyes. "Yes?" She walks over to me and whispers. "Why don't you go upstairs?" I look at her like she's stupid. "Why?" She leans over on the counter. "We were kinda in the middle of something" she gestured over to Johnny and his mom.

"Ok, and?"

"Just—" Mom comes back down and hands me the box. "Here, why don't you go rest upstairs" I take the box from her hand and walk upstairs. I wasn't really sick so I took a pill out the box and threw it away to make it seem like I had took one.

I wanted to know what they were talking about. But if I went back downstairs they would hear me on the steps. So I just decided to text Brynn.

Kenz
Hey, I have news

Bry is typing....

Bry
Tell me!

Kenz
Johnny and his mom are at my house!

Bry
Really? Why?!

Kenz
I have no idea

Bry
Find out!

Kenz
Can't. They'll hear me if I come downstairs

Bry
Well, at least we know why he wasn't at school

Kenz
But why would he even need to be here?!

Bry is typing....

Bry
I gotta go, the teacher is wondering why I'm smiling down at my lap.

Kenz
Ok....ttyl

I set my phone down and sigh. I went into my closet and changed my clothes,

since I was just staying home the rest of the day

since I was just staying home the rest of the day. As soon as I came out the bathroom from putting my hair up in a high ponytail, I heard the front door close and someone running up the steps.

I heard footsteps getting closer to my room. I ran over to my bed, laid down and stared out the window like I was bored. "Kenzie...you up?"
I heard my older sister say softly from my door. I turn my head towards her. "Yes"

She gladly just let herself in, and sat on the edge of my bed. I felt a dip at my feet. So I sat up. "I know you might have been wondering why Johnny was here—" I cut her off.

"You don't have to tell me Mads" she shook her head. "I know, but it's important" she was scaring me.

Why would it be that important?

I didn't know what to do for this chapter so I just made it up along the way. Sorry for the lack of Jenzie in this chapter. It'll get better, I promise. I feel like this chapter was really bad so I'm gonna make it up to you by writing three more chapters at least today. I'll probably get carried away and do five, but who knows. Anyways, thanks for sticking around.