Ch//39 Too close

Calling Brynn😻💕
FaceTime Audio...
B-Kenzie! Hey, I'm walking to class right now. Sorry if it's loud, where are you? I didn't see you at your locker.
K-Yeah...about that...
B-K, is something wrong?
K-It's not that bad, I promise
B-Then tell me
K-I kinda got expelled
B-You what?! When?! How?!
K-It was first period. Fucking Mr. Howard said I had to keep tutoring Johnny, even though I already told him how I knew that Johnny paid him. Then he said if I didn't I was going to be expelled.
B-Oh no, are you ok?
K-Tuesday's are the worst
B-Well..what's gonna happen? If you can't come back you know?
K-I told my mom
B-Omg! How did she take it?
K-Pretty well actually. I told her Johnny is a bully I have to tutor, but I didn't say his name.
B- No way!
K- Yeah, she folded like a paper bag. Then told me she'll call the school
B- That's craz—

I heard somebody on the other end.

B- What the hell do you want?!
J-Just wanted to know where Kenzie was

It was Johnny. Of course it was.

B-out the school dumbass
J-now why would she be out the school?
B- you know why dick! Now get out of my face!

B- sorry about that K, Johnny was just being an asshole
K- I heard
B- Ok, well I gotta go. I'm walking into class now
K- ok bye

I put my phone down and screamed into my pillow. My life is falling apart because of Johnny! And there's nothing I can do about it.

Time jump

I heard someone knocking at my door so I got up to check it. "Hayden....and Carson? What are you guys doing here?" All of a sudden Brynn jumped up from behind them. "Hey babes!" She pulls me outside. "Brynn! What is going on?"

"Oh nothing. Just that we want you to come on a double date with us" my eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah, but as friends. Sort of like a hang out. None of us are really dating."

"Yeah...I can see that" Brynn pointed into my house. "Now, go get dressed, we'll be eating some of your food while we wait" I just nodded my head knowing that there was no way I was getting out of this. They all walked into the house and I closed the door.

I then went upstairs and looked through my closet for something to wear. I finally found something after like 5 minutes.

I walked downstairs after getting my phone off the charger

I walked downstairs after getting my phone off the charger. "Hey guys, I'm ready" they all turned their heads at me and gasped. They sat there with their mouths open like sitting ducks. "Could you guys stop staring" they all did as I said and looked away, except for Hayden.

"Sorry Kenzie, you look..good" I smiled. "Thanks Hayden, can we go now?" Brynn nodded her head. "Yeah that's a good idea" we all left the house and got into the car. Hayden sat next to me, and the whole ride he kept sneaking glances at me.

I was thinking in my head, if Hayden does like me, does he think he has a chance now? Would he make a move? Hayden caught me staring at him, I turned my head and started blushing. That was close...
Too close