Ch//49 I was wrong

It was amazing, the best feeling I've ever felt in a long time. I finally let go, all my worries floated away like a piece of paper, and it's all thanks to Johnny. I never thought I would say it, but...he completes me.

The thoughts in my mind were shaken off as Johnny said my name from the bathroom while I was putting on my clothes. "Kenz? Kenz?" I pulled his t-shirt over my head. "Yeah?" He came out the bathroom smiling.

"Finally, I thought you went into your own world again" I laughed. "Sort of" He came over to me and kissed my cheek. "Breakfast is waiting for you downstairs" I creased my eyebrows. "Your—your, not coming down with me?"

"Yeah of course I am. I just have to..make a few calls first"

"Well, okay. I guess I'll just wait for you downstairs..then" I walked out of the room,
scanning the halls, the decorations, everything was perfect. I was lost for a second because I didn't see stairs anywhere, but I went down the hall some more and turned the corner, there were spiral stairs leading downstairs.

On my way down I immediately smelled the bacon and eggs again. I felt like I didn't have a decent meal in ages. I loved it, the meal was amazing. But Johnny never came down to join me, so I slowly walked upstairs. I headed to the room and heard him talking.

"Yeah, I understand"
"But I love her, I've always loved her. I might be..in love with her"
"I don't want to hurt her, I can't and I won't"
"That'll break her heart. I've done that before, I can't ever..do that again"
"Please, don't make me do this"
"Fine. I'll be there"

I wonder what he was talking about. I stepped into the room. He turned around like he was ready to walk out the door. "Kenzie?! Oh, you scared me"

"You, uh..you headed somewhere?" He licked his lips and sighed. "Yeah, I uh...I have to go somewhere. But I'll be back, I promise you" He came over to me and kissed me on the forehead. "Oh..okay"

He grabbed his jacket and left the room. I walked over and plopped on the bed. I find it best to never question him, mostly cause I don't want to answers. I heard a faint ringing sound. It was coming from the bathroom I think. So I got up from the bed and made my way over there.

It was my phone, on the counter. Wow, I didn't even think about it. I picked it up, it was my mom. Oh crap! She's probably worried sick about me. Okay, calm. Deep breaths. I picked up my phone and answered the call.

M:Kenzie!! Oh my god! Are you ok!? Where are you?! Do I have to kill somebody?!
K:No mom, calm down. I'm fine, I crashed at Brynn's. I'm so sorry for not telling you, I guess I forgot.
M:I've told you before Mackenzie. You have to stop doing these things. What if something important came up and I didn't know where you were?! Huh? You need to think before you do things!
K:Mom! Calm down, I'm fine.
M:You want me to calm down?! I just spent the last 12 hours looking for you! You weren't answering your phone, none of your friends were home, I couldn't even get a hold of your damn sister!
K:Mom...
M:You come home right now! No questions asked, we need to have a word..in person

She immediately hung up. Great, now I'm in trouble. My life just keeps getting better. I called Johnny, multiple times but he didn't answer. So I left a note for him for when, or if he ever comes back. I walked downstairs and found my shoes by the door, I had to call an Uber to get home.

Once I walked through that door...hell unleashed. "Mackenzie Frances Ziegler!" I walked into the living room where my mothers screaming was coming from. "Yes, mom" I thought it was best to just keep calm and not talk much, so I don't get myself into bigger trouble.

"You lied me!" I wondered what she was talking about, how does she know I lied? "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about! I called Brynn's mother, she told me you were never there! So where were you Kenzie! And so help me god, if you lie to me right now..you will regret whatever you did"

I sighed ready to tell my mom where I was, considering how much trouble I was already in. "I was actually..at a hotel" she crossed her arms "Why were you at a hotel Mackenzie?!"

"I went to a party last night with some friends, got tired after around 12 am, so I got an Uber to take me to a hotel. I didn't have enough money on me to get me all the way here, so I crashed there"

"Okay..that makes sense—"

"I sense from all that screaming I just heard, the little slut is home" I turned my head to see Maddie coming from garage door entrance. "Excuse me?!" She made her way into the living room with her arms crossed.

"A few days ago, Kenzie came into my room looking for her needle. So at first I thought, okay so she probably just needs to stitch something up. And I wasn't wrong, but I thought a whole different thing when I went into her bathroom the next day and found blood on tissues in the trash"

My mom looked at me concerned. "What?!"

"Yeah, and that's not all. It got me thinking why would there be blood in the trash? Then I saw a white t-shirt stained in blood. I did some digging and tied it all together, I called Lauren Orlando, Johnny's sister. She told me on that night, Johnny came home with a stitch in his side. And two nights after that, they all went to a party. Lucky for me, that little boy Hayden has loose lips. So why don't you tell our mother, where you were just now"

This is impossible, how does she even know where I was? Johnny...that phone call..he was on the phone with Hayden. But why..why would Hayden tell my sister what happened? "Mackenzie? Is this true?!" Well..I'm in deep shit.

"Uh.."

And I thought life was getting better. Guess I was wrong...