Circumstances Part 6

Chapter 5: Next Step

Clemont had been sitting on his bed for hours now. He was trying to make sense of his current realisation. Trying to figure out how it could be possible. Trying to figure out if he liked it, or not. The blonde let out a sad sigh. It wasn't really the realisation that he liked boys that scared him. In fact, he suspected it for a while now. It was the fact that his first crush just happened to also be his best friend.

Why did this have to happen now?  He thought. And why did it have to be Ash?

A knock on his bedroom door jerked Clemont out of his thoughts. He felt his face heat up as he heard his friend's voice.

"Clemont, you okay?"

Clemont stayed quiet. He didn't want Ash to see him as a pathetic blushing mess. That would just bring on questions he really didn't want to answer right now.

"I've...made some sandwiches for you and Bonnie," Ash called from outside. "I thought you'd be hungry since you didn't finish your lunch."

Clemont heard quieter voices from further down the hall which he guessed was Bonnie and Pikachu.

"I don't know, he's probably asleep or something," Ash called. "I'll just leave them by the door."

Clemont listened to the fading footsteps badly wanting to stop Ash from leaving but couldn't make himself move. Clemont lied on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He wondered what was going to happen now, and what he was going to do now that he has discovered his sexuality. Bonnie had been adamant on finding Clemont a wife for ages now. What would she think if she found out? What would Dad think? What would Ash think? A shiver travelled through Clemont's body at the very thought. It almost bought him to tears.

"What am I gonna do?" he wondered woefully.

- - - - - - -

Clemont took his time getting out of bed the next day. He really didn't want to have to face the inevitable questions that were likely waiting for him, but he knew he couldn't hide in his room forever. Clemont ran a hand through his blonde hair, took a deep breath then entered the kitchen. Ash and Bonnie were already at the table with their half-eaten breakfast. Pikachu and Riolu were on the floor also eating their food. All eyes were on Clemont the moment he came in.

"M...morning." he stuttered as he went to the cupboard to make his own breakfast.

"Morning," Ash replied.

Bonnie gave him a smile but didn't say anything as her mouth was full.

Clemont's body slumped in relief. He made his breakfast and sat at the table. They made idle conversation as they ate. It wasn't until Bonnie had finished her bowl of cereal that the dreaded topic was bought up.