34

shauna's diary entry #34

update: turns out hoseok has this habit of running away when life gets a bit too much but he always returns.

//

today was ... odd.

i wasn't expecting to meet hoseok's mother so soon.

so when she came in suddenly and i was halfway through eating my snack bar, i nearly choked when i realised that the older lady must be his mother.

i froze in place, still holding my bar as she approached me. she wrapped her long arms around me and hugged me. "it's so nice to finally meet you!"

and my breathing became uneven because i thought- did hoseok tell his mother that a girl is living in his apartment? but what she said next caught me off guard and i ended up choking after all.

"it's so nice to finally meet my sons girlfriend!" his mother gushed and placed her hand on her heart.

"urm-"

i didn't know what to say. thank you? thank you for giving birth to hoseok.

thankfully, hoseok came out of the shower and immediately took hold of the situation which made me relieved. he continued to dry his hair with his towel, wet strands throwing water onto his face as he glanced from me to his mom.

he winced and placed the towel around his neck. the sight of him in sweatpants, fresh out of the shower, made it hard for me not to stare. "yeah listen mom-"

but i interrupted him, scrunching up the wrapper in my hand. "yeah i'm his and he's mine." i smiled and outstretched my hand for hoseok's mother to shake. "it's so nice to finally meet you too."

hoseok's reaction made his towel fall to the floor which i picked up quickly. "be careful." i smirked as he gaped at me with wide eyes and an open mouth.

i turned to his mother- my mood completely shifting from confusion and surprise to affection and playfulness. "would you like anything to drink?"

"a glass of water would be nice."

i nodded and walked to the kitchen without a single glance at hoseok. he was stuttering with his words as he lead his mother to the small living room.

he excused himself and threw his towel on the radiator before walking over to me. i prepared myself and filled up a glass of cold water from the sink.

i felt his presence beside me as he waited for me to place the cup on the counter. "why did you agree?" he asked.

i glanced at his mother who was oblivious to our conversation. i was aware of how close hoseok was standing in front of me and i felt nervous as i spoke. "you pulled me into this mess. i'll do what i got to do for you." i reassured him.

hoseok watched me and placed his tongue in his cheek. he started to give me an explanation. "I only did it because you live with me. it would be a bit weird if I told her I picked up a stranger up from the street who is now living with me."

"i know hobi." i hit his shoulder. "plus this is the least I can do for you."

he has done so much for me- i will do all i can for him always.

hoseok then pushed me against the counter, his hands resting on my hips. he leaned forward and caught me by surprise when he kissed me passionately.

i didn't know what to do- the confident and bold side to hoseok never failed to take me by surprise and shyness. but my thoughts disappeared when i wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer and i kissed him back.

he pulled away to lean his forehead against mine as we stared at each other. brown met brown as we heard each other's heavy breathing caused by the other. "you think you can kiss me any time you want now?" i raised my brows.

"yeah-" and he kissed me again.