| 15 |

"Come on! What could possibly go wrong?" I whined, pulling my brother's arm as I was too excited to go to school today. Mostly since I was way too anxious and happy to reunite with my best friends again. The drunk stay-over at mine was what strengthened our bonds as best friends. They had nowhere to go, there was no way that Talia or Luna could head back to theirs while they were drunk, hungover or reeking of the scents or alcohol. But all along, we didn't mention the tiny fact that my best friend kissed my brother, mostly because it was an accident.

Ever since that awkward kiss, Zero has been trying to avoid Luna. He felt weird around her but I didn't care since we shared roundabout the same social circle. And it was evident every time I mentioned her name or spoke to her; it's funny really, watching his eyes go wide with awkward fear that doesn't suit him.

"Calm down, Mara! The school isn't going to blow up today. Take a chill pill and stop pulling my arm off." Zero whined back at me, snatching his arm from me and walking to his car. I followed behind him like a chirpy puppy, without saying much. I was definitely not going to deny the fact that I loved it when he would drive, it meant that I got to relax and breathe on the passenger seat. I love driving, but only for leisure. I know, I am weird like that.

The drive to school wasn't as quiet as you'd expect a Monday morning to seem to a pair of teenagers, since we were practically singing, well screaming, at the top of our lungs. Our voices, however, began to mute itself as we came closer to our destination. "We're here." He announced, parking the car before he climbed out of the car. I followed him out and stared in confusion as Luna and Talia walked towards me, they wore expressions of uncertainty and awkwardness. "What's going on?" I asked my best friends before turning to face Zero who looked as equally stiff and confused as me.

"We have no idea." Luna and Talia chorused together before watching Chloe run towards me in every excited manner her body could conjure up a perfect projection of.

"There's a new guy here. A hot guy." Chloe smirked as she spoke, humming the last part in every excited manner she could. For some reason, Zero growled as he heard what Chloe said.

"He's getting a lot of unnecessary attention." Cade commented in a sarcastic and unhappy manner as he stood beside us, with his amused best friend, June, beside him.

"What's his name?" Cade asked to himself, it seemed like he was trying to pick a fight, either that or I was just over analysing his reaction to the newbie.

"Jaehyu." Zero replied with a smile on his face, and we all turned to face him.

"You know him?" Talia questioned, while Luna moved towards my brother. I got a little distracted as I watched Luna and Zero look at each other like they were having some kind of serious conversation, with their eyes.

"Know him? I practically grew up with him." Zero commented before watching the crowd circling a man move towards us.

"Get out of my way!" Was all we could hear as the giant audience broke a path to let the beautiful blonde man walk towards us. "Z!" He happily exclaimed before pulling my brother into an embrace, or manly hug - call it whatever you want.

They broke apart and the crowd dispersed as the bell rang, signalling our first lessons was due to start. "This is my sister, Amara." Zero informed Jaehyu, who smiled warmly at me before turning to be greeted by everyone else who were introducing themselves.

"Isn't he hot?" Chloe asked me, nudging me as she rummaged through her locker, once everyone had gone and disappeared to their classrooms and lockers; but in my brother's case, to the reception office to collect Jaehyu's timetable.

"I guess." I blankly replied, not really thinking about anything other than how Jae - he said we had to call him that - smiled at me.

"It's a shame he's taken." Chloe abruptly announced, making me gawk in response as I tried to interpret what she said. The Latina laughed as she stared at me, allowing me to groan and glare at her. "I knew you were into him. 'I guess' my ass." She mimicked me before staring at me. "I wonder what his first lesson is." She distantly told herself, but I heard her words.

"Why?" I protectively asked.

"So that I get to know how safe exactly he is from you." She joked, leading me to our English lesson.

"Whatever." I dismissed as we hastened our pace to reach our classroom before Chris could. We both sighed when we realised that our teacher wasn't in yet.

"What subjects do you think he'll be taking?" She asked me.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I barely know him."

"Ask your brother when you get the chance." She happily advised, most likely mocking me again.

"Have you started your creative writing challenge thing?" I asked her, changing the subject.

"Yeah, but I need help." She told me.

"I managed to get a few tips from Chris the other day. I could share them with you." I happily volunteered to assist her.

"When exactly was the other day?" She questioned, slyly looking at me.

"When I woke up sober in someone else's house. Turns out he saved me from some dude who could've attacked me... but he couldn't save me from being drugged by that same douche." I whispered to her, watching as more students poured into the class.

"You woke up in our teacher's bed?" She questioned and smirked more.

"Shut up. Nothing happened." I scowled at her, I was going to say something more but then Chris walked into class and declared that we all had to settle down and start paying attention in class.

"Send me the notes before the end of tonight. Don't forget." Chloe instructed before turning to pay attention to what we were about to be taught.

A/N: I have added a new character, Jaehyu (will be calling him Jae), and gave Chloe a character profile on the character list, I also changed tiny details relating to the characters in the book. Sorry for the late edits but thank you.

 Sorry for the late edits but thank you